35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best Albums of 1992: a list of the best alternative, metal, hip-hop, indie and experimental releases from 1992. Last year I boldly declared that 1991 was the best musical year of the 90’s. And I still stand by that. But by damn, 1992 is a very close second. Whereas […]
Austin’s Pure Luck Announces Tour Dates: Southern Rock supergroup featuring members of Butthole Surfers, Melvins and Ween announce hometown dates. Pure Luck, the Austin, TX musical collective fronted by Butthole Surfers/Melvins bassist Jeff Pinkus have just announced live dates in support of their recently released self-titled debut album. Click here for my Pure Luck review The group, which […]
Pure Luck ‘Pure Luck’ Review: alt-rock supergroup takes on deep-fried Southern Rock. “Outlaw country mixed with Southern rock, mixed with toad licking.” That unusual descriptor comes courtesy of Butthole Surfers (and Melvins member) Jeff Pinkus, describing the sound of his Austin, TX based outfit Pure Luck. The band (whose self-titled début is due June 2nd on Heavy Feather […]
20 Albums Turning 20 in 2017: the best alternative releases of 1997 The alternative rock landscape had changed by the late 90s. Grunge was pretty much dead, no longer considered a viable commercial option for record labels. Nirvana were over, Soundgarden had split and Alice in Chains were hobbled by Layne Staley’s heroin habit. Pearl […]
The Dean Ween Group ‘The Deaner Album’ Review: Dean Ween stretches his wings in first solo album. Dean Ween (aka Mickey Melchiondo) is one busy man. In addition to Ween’s well-received 2016 reunion tour, he’s releasing his first solo effort, entitled The Deaner Album (out October 21st via ATO Records). For anyone worried that a […]
Dean Ween Talks New Solo Release ‘The Deaner Album’: Dean Ween discusses solo debut in our exclusive interview. 2016 has proven a busy year for Dean Ween (Mickey Melchiondo). In addition to participating in the recent Ween reunion tour, he’s also prepping for the release of his first solo effort, The Deaner Album (out October 21st […]
25 Best Albums From 1991: the greatest and most revolutionary records from 25 years ago. Something was in the water in 1991: maybe it was the end of the Cold War, the start and end of the Persian Gulf War, the Rodney King beatings, a rejection of Reaganomics and the moral majority, but kids were ready for […]
Albums Revisited: Ween’s ’12 Golden Country Greats’ Turns 20: a look back at one of the oddest musical detours of the 90’s on its 20th anniversary. Ween were one of the weirdest bands of the 90’s, impressive given it was one of the most eccentric musical decades. While the group fronted by Dean and Gene Ween […]
Ween Reunite For 2016 Colorado Concerts: alt-rock’s finest musical mischief makers to reform for a pair of concerts in 2016. Millions of Ween fans prayers to Lord Boognish have finally been answered: Ween are officially reuniting. The unique musical duo of Dean and Gene Ween (aka Mickey Melchiondo, Jr and Aaron Freeman) will rejoin forces for a pair of concerts […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Guitarists in Rock Part 2 Here we are with the 2nd installment of the most underrated guitarists in rock. You can catch Part 1 here. If you’re curious to check out any of the songs or artists mentioned, just click on the album images to purchase from Amazon. 27. […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review July 10, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- John Fryer Talks New Black Needle Noise Album ‘Lost in Reflections’ July 24, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- SLIS: Soused was a crazy album! I forgot Walker was invo...
- SLIS: Thanks! Mayhem is another band I'm not well verse...
- The Mouth: Nor was I. I always loved Motorcycle Emptiness but...
- Kevin: I just listened to "Soused" by Scott Walker &...
- SLIS: @The Mouth: Well, look like I need to revisit the ...
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...