Prong-Songs From The Black Hole Review: Prong crafts a unique and entertaining collection of songs that honor their hardcore influences. Prong have been on a roll. In the past three years they’ve released two acclaimed albums (the most recent being 2014’s Ruining Lives), proving that founding member-guitarist/vocalist Tommy Victor isn’t resting on his laurels. He’s made […]
Housecore Fest Concert Review: Danzig/Samhain at Emo’s: moody metal frontman closes Housecore Horror Fest in style: The 2014 Housecore Horror Fest came to a close at Emo’s on Sunday in suitable fashion: after the old-school thrash of Dallas’s Warbeast and the sloppy sludge of Eyehategod, it was time for Danzig. Click here for my exclusive 2014 […]
Concert Review: Prong At Backstage Live San Antonio. Tommy Victor’s genre-defying metal act rip through a satisfying setlist. Prong have always been a metal act hard to characterize; morphing from thrash to post-punk, industrial, and groove metal, they’re the perfect band for the metal head that gets bored easily. Their ability to mine many variations […]
Prong ‘Ruining Lives’ Review: Tommy Victor returns with guns blazing for Prong’s latest release. When I interviewed Prong frontman Tommy Victor last year, he mentioned the next Prong album would draw upon the alternative industrial metal sound of albums like ‘Cleansing’ and underrated follow-up ‘Rude Awakening.’ Click here for Albums Revisited; Prong’s ‘Cleansing’ Turns 20 […]
Albums Revisited: Prong’s Cleansing Turns 20. Looking back at an underrated, yet influential masterpiece. This Saturday marks the 20th anniversary of Cleansing, Prong’s 1994 metal masterwork. Prong are a band I’ve covered on several occasions (click here for my interview with band leader Tommy Victor). They’re a band that deserved to be huge, yet never […]
The SLIS Interview with Tommy Victor. Tommy Victor has been busy. Last year saw the release of Prong’s ‘Carved Into Stone‘, one of the band’s best to date (click here for my review). In addition he played on Ministry’s latest album ‘Relapse‘ and is currently touring with Danzig for his 25th Anniversary tour. He’s also […]
Concert Review: Danzig redeems himself after the Fun Fun Fun Fest Fiasco with a blistering set of his punk and metal classics. Last time Danzig played the TX capital it was a bad scene. His shortened, delayed set at Austin’s FunFunFunFest has now become legendary, where according to promoters he went into diva mode. So the […]
Danzig Celebrates Band’s 25th Anniversary with Concert Tour… UPDATE: Read my review of Danzig’s Austin Show. Exciting news for Danzig fans: 2013 marks the 25th anniversary of the band Glenn Danzig formed in 1987. And to celebrate they’re hitting the road. The first leg will be U.S. dates, followed by a European tour. Adding […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Guitarists in Rock Part 3 Okay, so now that you’ve read part 1, and part 2, we just have 15 of the most underrated guitarists in rock to go. If you want to own any of their material, just click ontheir album image to take you to Amazon. Off we […]
Prong Carved Into Stone Review: It’s been almost 6 years since we last heard from Prong. Guest duties in Ministry and Danzig have preoccupied frontman and lead guitarist Tommy Victor and sidelined his labor of love, but now they return with their new album ‘Carved Into Stone’ (out April 24th on Steamhammer/SPV Records). I’m a […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Watch The Veldt’s One Day Out of Life Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release July 14, 2017
- The Melvins ‘A Walk With Love and Death’ Review July 10, 2017
- Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review July 10, 2017
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...
- A Chaos Fairy: I love This Mortal Coil. Their remake of "Song to...