Concert Review: Prong At Backstage Live San Antonio. Tommy Victor’s genre-defying metal act rip through a satisfying setlist. Prong have always been a metal act hard to characterize; morphing from thrash to post-punk, industrial, and groove metal, they’re the perfect band for the metal head that gets bored easily. Their ability to mine many variations […]
Prong ‘Ruining Lives’ Review: Tommy Victor returns with guns blazing for Prong’s latest release. When I interviewed Prong frontman Tommy Victor last year, he mentioned the next Prong album would draw upon the alternative industrial metal sound of albums like ‘Cleansing’ and underrated follow-up ‘Rude Awakening.’ Click here for Albums Revisited; Prong’s ‘Cleansing’ Turns 20 […]
Albums Revisited: Prong’s Cleansing Turns 20. Looking back at an underrated, yet influential masterpiece. This Saturday marks the 20th anniversary of Cleansing, Prong’s 1994 metal masterwork. Prong are a band I’ve covered on several occasions (click here for my interview with band leader Tommy Victor). They’re a band that deserved to be huge, yet never […]
The SLIS Interview with Tommy Victor. Tommy Victor has been busy. Last year saw the release of Prong’s ‘Carved Into Stone‘, one of the band’s best to date (click here for my review). In addition he played on Ministry’s latest album ‘Relapse‘ and is currently touring with Danzig for his 25th Anniversary tour. He’s also […]
Concert Review: Danzig redeems himself after the Fun Fun Fun Fest Fiasco with a blistering set of his punk and metal classics. Last time Danzig played the TX capital it was a bad scene. His shortened, delayed set at Austin’s FunFunFunFest has now become legendary, where according to promoters he went into diva mode. So the […]
Danzig Celebrates Band’s 25th Anniversary with Concert Tour… UPDATE: Read my review of Danzig’s Austin Show. Exciting news for Danzig fans: 2013 marks the 25th anniversary of the band Glenn Danzig formed in 1987. And to celebrate they’re hitting the road. The first leg will be U.S. dates, followed by a European tour. Adding […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Guitarists in Rock Part 3 Okay, so now that you’ve read part 1, and part 2, we just have 15 of the most underrated guitarists in rock to go. If you want to own any of their material, just click ontheir album image to take you to Amazon. Off we […]
Prong Carved Into Stone Review: It’s been almost 6 years since we last heard from Prong. Guest duties in Ministry and Danzig have preoccupied frontman and lead guitarist Tommy Victor and sidelined his labor of love, but now they return with their new album ‘Carved Into Stone’ (out April 24th on Steamhammer/SPV Records). I’m a […]
Ministry Relapse Album Review Ministry returns with their new album ‘Relapse’. Was it worth the wait? When Al Jourgensen said he was putting his band on ice back in 2008, it seemed odd. Sure, their output has been sporadic throughout the years due to his internal demons, but Ministry never seemed the kind of band to call […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...