Danzig ‘Black Laden Crown’ Review: Danzig returns with his first album of original material since 2010’s ‘Deth Red Sabaoth.’ Its been awhile since we’ve heard new music from Danzig: while his covers album Skeletons came out in 2015, he hasn’t released any original music since 2010’s Deth Red Sabaoath. But that’s about to change with the […]
Prong ‘X – No Absolutes’ Review: genre-bending metal act produce their most diverse album yet. Between 2012’s Carved in Stone, 2014’s Ruining Lives and last year’s eclectic covers album Songs From The Black Hole, Prong have been on an inspired creative path as of late. And now the trio (led by founding vocalist/guitarist Tommy Victor) return with X – No Absolutes, […]
Prong’s Tommy Victor Talks New Album ‘X – No Absolutes’: band’s frontman gives the scoop behind the metal act’s 12th studio album in our exclusive interview. Following on the heels of 2014’s Songs From The Black Hole, veteran metallers Prong return with their latest album X – No Absolutes (due out February 5th via Steamhammer/SPV). Click here […]
Danzig ‘Skeletons’ Review: Some diamonds in the rough amidst a few misfires. Punk/Metal icon Glenn Danzig has been teasing the release of his covers album Skeletons for years, and now it’s finally here. It’s a curious album: many tracks show songs which obviously influenced the frontman’s formative years (Black Sabbath’s N.I.B, Elvis Presley’s Let Yourself Go), while others […]
Danzig ‘Blackest of The Black’ Austin, TX Concert Review: Devilish Metal was alive and well at Stubbs’ Waller Creek Amphitheater. Even in a city as hipster-centric as Austin, a week bookended by two ACL Festival installments is pushing it. So thank God (I mean Satan) for Danzig’s Blackest of the Black Festival, which added a much-needed […]
Teenage Time Killers ‘Greatest Hits Vol. 1’ Review: punk-metal supergroup vent infectious anger on long-awaited début. Supergroup albums always come with massive expectations, but Teenage Time Killers long in the works Greatest Hits Vol. 1 (Rise Records) has built up a huge groundswell of anticipation. The group’s creative nucleus, Corrosion of Conformity drummer Reed Mullin and My Ruin guitarist Mick Murphy have […]
Stream Teenage Time Killers New Album ‘Greatest Hits Vol. 1’: punk-metal supergroup stream album ahead of official release next week. Supergroup Teenage Time Killer’s highly awaited début album ‘Greatest Hits Vol. 1’ (Reprise Records) won’t be officially released until July 31st. But those waiting impatiently can preview the album in full via the New York […]
Supergroup Teenage Time Killers Announce Album Release Date: full details and track listing for album featuring Dave Grohl, C.O.C, Randy Blythe, Tommy Victor, and much more. The long in the works début release from punk-metal supergroup Teenage Time Killers has finally been given a release date. The new album, boldly titled Greatest Hits Volume 1, will be […]
Prong-Songs From The Black Hole Review: Prong crafts a unique and entertaining collection of songs that honor their hardcore influences. Prong have been on a roll. In the past three years they’ve released two acclaimed albums (the most recent being 2014’s Ruining Lives), proving that founding member-guitarist/vocalist Tommy Victor isn’t resting on his laurels. He’s made […]
Housecore Fest Concert Review: Danzig/Samhain at Emo’s: moody metal frontman closes Housecore Horror Fest in style: The 2014 Housecore Horror Fest came to a close at Emo’s on Sunday in suitable fashion: after the old-school thrash of Dallas’s Warbeast and the sloppy sludge of Eyehategod, it was time for Danzig. Click here for my exclusive 2014 […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...