Slowdive ‘Slowdive’ Review: reunited Brit shoegazers craft the rare comeback album that doesn’t disappoint. Shoegaze has come back with a vengeance the past few years, with new albums from My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Lush, and The Veldt (to name but a few). And now Slowdive return with Slowdive, their first new album […]
The xx ‘I See You’ Review: British trio bounce back from the sophomore slump on their triumphant third release. London’s The xx are one of those rare bands: a group that storms out of the gate fully formed, with an assured, unique style that many bands take years to accumulate. Their 2009 début became an instant […]
20 Most Anticipated Rock Albums of 2015: 20 must have rock discs for the new year There’s a lot for rock fans to look forward to in 2015. To help with your album hunting needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top 20 discs that should make fans of alternative, metal, goth, electronica and film […]
The 2013 lineup for Bonnaroo, the annual music festival has been announced. It looks a typically diverse, all-encompassing bill for the summer music festival held in Manchester, Tennessee. Some of the headliners include Paul McCartney and Tom Petty , recent Grammy winners Mumford and Sons, Bjork, The XX and comedian Daniel Tosh. Other acts that […]
The XX ‘Coexist’ Review *British trio The XX play it safe on their sophomore album ‘Coexist‘, but if it ain’t broke, why fix it? I just wrote about bands that Peaked With Their First Album. Sometimes a first release is so perfect that its impossible to top. The XX’s 2009 self-titled début was a perfect album. Every […]
Stream The New XX Album ‘Coexist’ The XX are allowing everyone to stream their new release ‘Coexist‘ off their website, a week before the official release. Check it out here. Besides getting a free preview, there’s the extra cool touch of seeing a global map, showing all the parts of the world where folks are […]
The Ultimate Rock Wedding Playlist *Before you check out this list, you might want to read my instructions on how to build your wedding playlist so that you have everything flow smoothly regarding timing out the selections, etc. Are you stuck for ideas and need some rocking song selections to give your wedding festivities a little […]
Tips For Making A Rocking Wedding Music Playlist *Tips on making a wedding playlist that avoids being generic or groan inducing. Here we’ll cover the process of how to get your selections pre-planned and timed. If you want to see the songs I selected for my own wedding (complete with iTunes links, so you […]
Ah, the Mix-tape: We don’t think much about cassettes anymore. They were inherently a horrible medium for sound quality. Every time you played one you’d get audio loss, eventually warped sound, or in the worst case, a snapped ribbon of tape meaning one more piece of plastic chucked in the trash, resting in a landfill […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...