Slowdive ‘Slowdive’ Review: reunited Brit shoegazers craft the rare comeback album that doesn’t disappoint. Shoegaze has come back with a vengeance the past few years, with new albums from My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Lush, and The Veldt (to name but a few). And now Slowdive return with Slowdive, their first new album […]
The xx ‘I See You’ Review: British trio bounce back from the sophomore slump on their triumphant third release. London’s The xx are one of those rare bands: a group that storms out of the gate fully formed, with an assured, unique style that many bands take years to accumulate. Their 2009 début became an instant […]
20 Most Anticipated Rock Albums of 2015: 20 must have rock discs for the new year There’s a lot for rock fans to look forward to in 2015. To help with your album hunting needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top 20 discs that should make fans of alternative, metal, goth, electronica and film […]
The 2013 lineup for Bonnaroo, the annual music festival has been announced. It looks a typically diverse, all-encompassing bill for the summer music festival held in Manchester, Tennessee. Some of the headliners include Paul McCartney and Tom Petty , recent Grammy winners Mumford and Sons, Bjork, The XX and comedian Daniel Tosh. Other acts that […]
The XX ‘Coexist’ Review *British trio The XX play it safe on their sophomore album ‘Coexist‘, but if it ain’t broke, why fix it? I just wrote about bands that Peaked With Their First Album. Sometimes a first release is so perfect that its impossible to top. The XX’s 2009 self-titled début was a perfect album. Every […]
Stream The New XX Album ‘Coexist’ The XX are allowing everyone to stream their new release ‘Coexist‘ off their website, a week before the official release. Check it out here. Besides getting a free preview, there’s the extra cool touch of seeing a global map, showing all the parts of the world where folks are […]
The Ultimate Rock Wedding Playlist *Before you check out this list, you might want to read my instructions on how to build your wedding playlist so that you have everything flow smoothly regarding timing out the selections, etc. Are you stuck for ideas and need some rocking song selections to give your wedding festivities a little […]
Tips For Making A Rocking Wedding Music Playlist *Tips on making a wedding playlist that avoids being generic or groan inducing. Here we’ll cover the process of how to get your selections pre-planned and timed. If you want to see the songs I selected for my own wedding (complete with iTunes links, so you […]
Ah, the Mix-tape: We don’t think much about cassettes anymore. They were inherently a horrible medium for sound quality. Every time you played one you’d get audio loss, eventually warped sound, or in the worst case, a snapped ribbon of tape meaning one more piece of plastic chucked in the trash, resting in a landfill […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...