Watch: The Veldt’s ‘One Day Out of Life’ Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release: soulgaze rockers release new video from atmospheric EP. Last year I had the pleasure of reviewing ‘The Shocking Fuzz of Your Electric Fur’ Mixtape EP, the 2016 release from “soulgaze” pioneers The Veldt, who returned from a long absence to magnificent effect. […]
Listen To The Veldt’s New 7″ Single ‘Symmetry/Slow Grind’: New 7-inch single will be released for Record Day 2017. Following on the success of their acclaimed 2016 EP The Shocking Fuzz of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation, shoegaze pioneers The Veldt return with a Symmetry/Slow Grind, a 7″ single that will be released for Record Store Day 2017 […]
An Interview with A.R. Kane’s Rudy Tambala The last few years has seen a resurgence of shoegaze and dream pop groups of the 80’s and 90’s. But while bands like My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive and Ride hog the spotlight, there is another group back in action deserving equal attention. That would be A.R. Kane, a band that actually […]
Levitation 2016 Kickoff Party Review: Chelsea Wolfe, The Veldt: a silver lining to a cancelled festival. Downtown Austin was filled with many sad, bewildered faces last Thursday evening. The unexpected announcement that Levitation 2016 was cancelled due to bad weather reverberated throughout the city. While all festival attendees were guaranteed refunds, for those traveling from […]
Ummagma ‘Frequency’ EP Review: Shoegaze duo give a refreshing, vibrant take on the genre. Here at Smells Like Infinite Sadness, I take pride on being ahead of the curve on musical releases. But hey, I’m no spring chicken, and sometimes I’m late to the party. Case in point: I’ve only recently discovered the 2015 EP […]
The Veldt-The Shocking Fuzz of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation Mixtape EP Review: soulgazers return with sublime five song collection. The resurgence in Shoegaze from British luminaries like My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, and Lush speaks to the staying power of a genre that mixed wall of noise guitars with ethereal melodies. But there’s a […]
The Veldt’s Daniel Chavis Talks New EP The Shocking Fuzz Of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation Mixtape
The Veldt’s Daniel Chavis Talks New EP The Shocking Fuzz Of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation Mixtape EP. Frontman discusses shoegaze group’s atmospheric return. The Veldt were one of the best kept secrets in 90’s alternative music. Originating in the Chapel Hill, NC music scene alongside acts like Superchunk and Archers of Loaf, they bridged together elements […]
*Here we celebrate 40 Bands That Should Have Been Bigger…but didn’t. They had the talent, but couldn’t cross over. What happened? I’ve celebrated underrated musicians recently in lists, (specifically; singers, guitarists, and riffs.). But a lot of bands listed still have a small, loyal set of fans. Some are critically lauded for their influence even if […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- John Fryer Talks New Black Needle Noise Album ‘Lost in Reflections’ July 24, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- SLIS: I stand corrected!...
- May Kitt-Wright: The Flame was written by Bob Mitchell and Nick Gra...
- SLIS: Soused was a crazy album! I forgot Walker was invo...
- SLIS: Thanks! Mayhem is another band I'm not well verse...
- The Mouth: Nor was I. I always loved Motorcycle Emptiness but...
- Kevin: I just listened to "Soused" by Scott Walker &...