The Melvins The Bulls & The Bees/Electroretard Review: dual release of band’s 2001/2012 efforts go swimmingly well together. Following on the heels of 2014’s excellent Butthole Surfers collaboration Hold It In, The Melvins have another treat in store for longtime fans. On June 2nd, 2015 Ipecac Recordings will be jointly reissuing the band’s 2001 album […]
The Melvins ‘Hold It In’ Review: The Melvins + Butthole Surfers=greatness Buzz Osborne has had a pretty stellar 2014. His acoustic album This Machine Kills Artists redefined how heavy and uncompromising an acoustic album could be. And now he’s following up with the new Melvins album: Hold It In (Ipecac Recordings). And it’s one of their most […]
Buzz Osborne ‘This Machine Kills Artists’ Review: Melvins’ leader unplugged solo album packs plenty of high voltage. When Melvin’s leader Buzz Osborne announced he was making an all acoustic album, he nipped any misconceptions that he was going folksy in the bud: “I have no interest in sounding like a crappy version of James Taylor or a […]
Buzz Osborne Interview: Melvins’ frontman goes acoustic, but doesn’t go soft on new album ‘This Machine Kills Artists.’ When one thinks of the Melvins, sludgy, monolithic riffs and seismic percussion immediately come to mind. So it was somewhat surprising to learn that bandleader, guitarist and vocalist Buzz Osborne is releasing an acoustic album, entitled ‘This Machine Kills […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Guitarists in Rock Part 2 Here we are with the 2nd installment of the most underrated guitarists in rock. You can catch Part 1 here. If you’re curious to check out any of the songs or artists mentioned, just click on the album images to purchase from Amazon. 27. […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Watch The Veldt’s One Day Out of Life Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release July 14, 2017
- The Melvins ‘A Walk With Love and Death’ Review July 10, 2017
- Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review July 10, 2017
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...
- A Chaos Fairy: I love This Mortal Coil. Their remake of "Song to...