Slowdive ‘Slowdive’ Review: reunited Brit shoegazers craft the rare comeback album that doesn’t disappoint. Shoegaze has come back with a vengeance the past few years, with new albums from My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Lush, and The Veldt (to name but a few). And now Slowdive return with Slowdive, their first new album […]
The Jesus and Mary Chain ‘Damage and Joy’ Review: the Reid brother’s successfully reconjure their signature sound on long-awaited reunion disc. Tryna win your interest back/But you ain’t having none of that/You’re just like a ship in a bottle/Kiss today but fuck tomorrow/I don’t know, I guess that we’re all through. That’s the opening verse from […]
Listen to ‘Star Roving,’ Slowdive’s First New Song in 22 Years: reunited shoegaze act release first song from upcoming new studio album. 2017 is going to be a big year for shoegaze revivalist, with new albums from The Jesus and Mary Chain and Ride in the works. But equally anticipated is the upcoming new release […]
Listen to new Jesus and Mary Chain Song ‘Amputation’: listen to first single off of Damage and Joy, the band’s first new album in 18 years. Scottish noise gods The Jesus and Mary Chain ave been teasing new material for awhile now, and Creation Record’s head honcho Alan McGee predicted we’d have new music by […]
Primal Scream ‘Chaosmosis’ Review: Scottish iconoclasts return with a slick electro-pop makeover. Primal Scream never sit still for long. Their discography shows the Bobby Gillespie led outfit veering seamlessly from acid-house (Screamadelica) to roots rock (Give Out But Don’t Give Up) and all things in-between (XTRMNR, Vanishing Point). 2013’s More Light saw them refocus on […]
The Jesus and Mary Chain Albums Ranked Worst To Best: Sure ‘Psychocandy’ is a classic, and deserves its 30th anniversary celebration. But does it unfairly overshadow the rest of their discography? Here’s our definitive JAMC ranking. November 18, 2015 marks the 30th anniversary for Psychocandy, the highly influential 1985 début album from The Jesus and Mary […]
The Jesus and Mary Chain Announce Psychocandy North American Tour Dates: the Reid brothers celebrate album’s 30th anniversary. Noise rock legends The Jesus and Mary Chain are celebrating the 30th anniversary of their alternative noise rock classic Psychocandy with a tour playing the album in its entirety. The band played handful of British dates in […]
Albums Revisited: ‘The Crow’ Soundtrack Turns 20: Brooding set of tunes still thrills. The month of March has seen many seminal 90’s albums turn 20: Aphex Twin’s SAW Vol II, Soundgarden’s ‘Superunknown’ and Nine Inch Nail’s ‘The Downward Spiral’. But another classic 90’s album will turn 20 on March 29th: the soundtrack for 90’s goth-revenge comic […]
Concert Review: Riot Fest Chicago Day 3. The Stooges rock the Windy City. I had a great time in Chicago. Visited some old friends, ate some great food and topped it off by going to Riot Fest Day 3 in Chicago’s Humboldt Park to check out Jesus & Mary Chain and Iggy & The Stooges. These […]
Okay guitar fans, welcome to the 70 Most Underrated Guitar Riffs Of All Time Part 2 . I’ve scoured my brain and cd collection to make a unique list of riffs that deserve more credit, and are just cool as the same old songs that always grace Rolling Stone and Guitar World best of lists. Be […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...