35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best Albums of 1992: a list of the best alternative, metal, hip-hop, indie and experimental releases from 1992. Last year I boldly declared that 1991 was the best musical year of the 90’s. And I still stand by that. But by damn, 1992 is a very close second. Whereas […]
Slowdive ‘Slowdive’ Review: reunited Brit shoegazers craft the rare comeback album that doesn’t disappoint. Shoegaze has come back with a vengeance the past few years, with new albums from My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Lush, and The Veldt (to name but a few). And now Slowdive return with Slowdive, their first new album […]
The Jesus and Mary Chain ‘Damage and Joy’ Review: the Reid brother’s successfully reconjure their signature sound on long-awaited reunion disc. Tryna win your interest back/But you ain’t having none of that/You’re just like a ship in a bottle/Kiss today but fuck tomorrow/I don’t know, I guess that we’re all through. That’s the opening verse from […]
Listen to ‘Star Roving,’ Slowdive’s First New Song in 22 Years: reunited shoegaze act release first song from upcoming new studio album. 2017 is going to be a big year for shoegaze revivalist, with new albums from The Jesus and Mary Chain and Ride in the works. But equally anticipated is the upcoming new release […]
Listen to new Jesus and Mary Chain Song ‘Amputation’: listen to first single off of Damage and Joy, the band’s first new album in 18 years. Scottish noise gods The Jesus and Mary Chain ave been teasing new material for awhile now, and Creation Record’s head honcho Alan McGee predicted we’d have new music by […]
Primal Scream ‘Chaosmosis’ Review: Scottish iconoclasts return with a slick electro-pop makeover. Primal Scream never sit still for long. Their discography shows the Bobby Gillespie led outfit veering seamlessly from acid-house (Screamadelica) to roots rock (Give Out But Don’t Give Up) and all things in-between (XTRMNR, Vanishing Point). 2013’s More Light saw them refocus on […]
The Jesus and Mary Chain Albums Ranked Worst To Best: Sure ‘Psychocandy’ is a classic, and deserves its 30th anniversary celebration. But does it unfairly overshadow the rest of their discography? Here’s our definitive JAMC ranking. November 18, 2015 marks the 30th anniversary for Psychocandy, the highly influential 1985 début album from The Jesus and Mary […]
The Jesus and Mary Chain Announce Psychocandy North American Tour Dates: the Reid brothers celebrate album’s 30th anniversary. Noise rock legends The Jesus and Mary Chain are celebrating the 30th anniversary of their alternative noise rock classic Psychocandy with a tour playing the album in its entirety. The band played handful of British dates in […]
Albums Revisited: ‘The Crow’ Soundtrack Turns 20: Brooding set of tunes still thrills. The month of March has seen many seminal 90’s albums turn 20: Aphex Twin’s SAW Vol II, Soundgarden’s ‘Superunknown’ and Nine Inch Nail’s ‘The Downward Spiral’. But another classic 90’s album will turn 20 on March 29th: the soundtrack for 90’s goth-revenge comic […]
Concert Review: Riot Fest Chicago Day 3. The Stooges rock the Windy City. I had a great time in Chicago. Visited some old friends, ate some great food and topped it off by going to Riot Fest Day 3 in Chicago’s Humboldt Park to check out Jesus & Mary Chain and Iggy & The Stooges. These […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...