Albums Revisited: ‘The Crow’ Soundtrack Turns 20: Brooding set of tunes still thrills. The month of March has seen many seminal 90’s albums turn 20: Aphex Twin’s SAW Vol II, Soundgarden’s ‘Superunknown’ and Nine Inch Nail’s ‘The Downward Spiral’. But another classic 90’s album will turn 20 on March 29th: the soundtrack for 90’s goth-revenge comic […]
The Cure Announce New Album 4:13 Scream: 2014 Release Will Be Goth Group’s First Release In 6 Years. With the recent announcement of The Cure’s two sold out performances for The Teenage Cancer trust at the Royal Albert Hall, there’s been rumors of a long in-the-works new album. Well good news Cure fans; the band […]
This is Part Three in a 3 part series of the most Underrated Alternative Rock Albums Ever Made. Click here to read Part One. And click here to read Part Two, to see what albums have been covered, and my criteria for their inclusion. If you’d like to preview/buy any of the albums listed, clicking […]
Only Happy When It Rains? Then check out our Best Rainy Day Playlist. We had rain this week in Austin. A welcome rarity in drought stricken TX. It got me thinking about how my musical tastes often depend on the weather. Any hint of rainy skies, and I gravitate toward the darker stuff. So I […]
Check out our list of the 50 Best Alternative B Sides Ever Made. In the age of digital downloads, the B-side has become a quaint memory. But for those who grew up pre-internet, it was an added pleasure to get one or more bonus tracks with the purchase of a vinyl, cassette or cd single. Alternative […]
No sooner did I post that The Cure were confirmed as headliners for both weekends of the 2013 ACL Music festival did the announcement for the full lineup appear on the festival’s website and Facebook page. This is a lineup that will make many alternative rock fans shit their pants. In addition to the Cure and Muse, Depeche […]
Well news of Austin’s ACL Fest Lineup just took a turn for the gloriously gloomy. Alternative Rock Icons The Cure are scheduled to headline both weekends of the 2013 festival. The band was rumored to headline when an anagram of their name was featured on the festivals webpage last week (as ERH TCUE). There slot was […]
Spice up your romantic evening with the SLIS Alternative Rock Valentine’s Day Playlist; featuring the sweet and sexiest Alt-rock tunes. Next week is Valentine’s Day, and music snob couples always face a dilemma; how to pick romantic and sensual songs that aren’t cheesy, or so sickeningly sweet/vulgar that it becomes unintentionally humorous and spoils the mood? Well SLIS […]
Top 40 Darkest Rock Albums Part 4 *Before reading make sure you’ve checked out part 1, part 2 ,and part 3 to see what you may have missed. Okay here we are for the final installment of the Darkest Rock Albums. We have just 10 more to go! If you want any of these in your […]
The Ultimate Rock Wedding Playlist *Before you check out this list, you might want to read my instructions on how to build your wedding playlist so that you have everything flow smoothly regarding timing out the selections, etc. Are you stuck for ideas and need some rocking song selections to give your wedding festivities a little […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...