35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best Albums of 1992: a list of the best alternative, metal, hip-hop, indie and experimental releases from 1992. Last year I boldly declared that 1991 was the best musical year of the 90’s. And I still stand by that. But by damn, 1992 is a very close second. Whereas […]
Steve Kilbey discusses Glow and Fade, his latest album with collaborator Martin Kennedy, the upcoming Church album and tour and much more in our exclusive interview. Kilbey Kennedy, the Australian musical duo featuring Steve Kilbey (The Church) and Martin Kennedy (All India Radio) are back with Glow and Fade, their fifth studio album (released May 26th on Golden Robot Records). Click […]
The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: ranking their sprawling, ambitious 1987 double album from worst to best. May 25th marks the 30th anniversary (30!!) of The Cure’s double album Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me (this is a big month for Cure milestones: Wish and Pornography turned 25 and 35 respectively). […]
Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25: a look back on the band’s best-selling, yet oddly overlooked 1992 album on its 25th anniversary. 1992 saw a musical landscape still basking in the sounds of Seattle. Thanks to Nirvana’s Nevermind, grunge and heavy alt-rock were the flavor of the day, making the alternative college music scene quite […]
30 Best Albums Turning 30 in 2017: The Best Albums of 1987–our list of the greatest releases celebrating 30th anniversaries this year. If you had to choose one year in the Reagan era for the best music, you’d be hard pressed to do better than 1987. Something clicked–the mainstream that had been over saturated with […]
Albums Revisited: David Bowie’s ‘Earthling’ Turns 20: a look back at Bowie’s underrated electronica excursion on its 20th anniversary. While the late David Bowie is celebrated as a groundbreaking icon, whose strokes of genius stretched far and wide, his 90’s output remains the most underrated and least celebrated work in his catalogue. And while his […]
Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘The Head On The Door’ Turns 30: British band’s global breakthrough hits the three-decade mark. On August 26th, 2015, The Cure’s breakthrough album The Head on The Door celebrates its 30th anniversary. And it maintains a unique place in the band’s discography, splitting the difference between the dismal, atmospheric Goth on […]
20 Most Anticipated Rock Albums of 2015: 20 must have rock discs for the new year There’s a lot for rock fans to look forward to in 2015. To help with your album hunting needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top 20 discs that should make fans of alternative, metal, goth, electronica and film […]
Riot Fest Official 2014 Lineup Announced: Lollapalooza and ACL take note, THIS is a festival lineup. Riot Fest has been going 10 years strong, as a mid-size music festival, but for its 10th anniversary that’s about to change, because the official 2014 lineup isn’t just their biggest yet, it’s the best festival lineup this year. […]
Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Disintegration’ Turns 25; a look back at one of the best albums of the 80’s (or any other decade). A timeless gothic masterpiece. On May 2nd, 1989, The Cure released their eighth album ‘Disintegration.‘ It’s now renown as a singular expression of heartache, introversion, solemn resolve and bleak beauty. It’s hard to fathom […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...