Top 21 Best Alternative Rock Compilation Albums: the most essential greatest hits, B-side collection and rarities compilations in alt-rock. This month two classic 1985 compilation albums turn 30: ‘Catching up with Depeche Mode’ (on Nov.11th) and Echo & The Bunnymen’s ‘Songs to Learn and Sing’ (Nov. 15th). That got me thinking: in some cases, greatest hits collections, non-album single comps, and b-side/rarities albums […]
The Cult Announce New Album ‘Hidden City’, Release New Song ‘Dark Energy.’ Band’s 10th studio release due early February. British Alt-rock veterans The Cult will release their new album ‘Hidden City’ on February, 5th 2016. The release will be their tenth studio album, and the fifth with longtime producer Bob Rock. They’re streaming the first single […]
Albums Revisited: The Cult’s ‘Love’ Turns 30: A look back at the breakthrough album that shaped the future of alternative rock on its 30th anniversary. By the mid 80’s, rock music had become a fractured beast: the sub-genres of glam metal, thrash, New Wave, Goth, college rock, etc, had created a confusing subculture of musical cliques. Macho hair […]
Owl ‘Things You Can’t See’ Review: power trio blasts through six incendiary tracks on their new EP. Vocalist/Bassist Chris Wyse is quite the rock journeyman: he’s played with everyone from Metallica to Ozzy Osborne, and just wrapped up a 10-year stint with The Cult (not to mention his current gig playing with Kiss guitarist Ace […]
Bassist/vocalist/songwriter Chris Wyse is having a busy 2015. The former Cult bassist has a new gig playing with Kiss guitar legend Ace Frehley, and Wyse’s power trio Owl will be releasing their new album Things You Can’t See on July 28th. I recently interviewed Wyse regarding the creative process behind Owl’s new release, why he left The Cult, and what it’s like […]
The Darkness’s Frankie Poullain Talks New Album ‘Last Of Our Kind’: Darkness bassist discusses band’s new album, new drummer and what to expect from the group for 2015 in our exclusive interview. British rockers The Darkness are set to unleash their fourth album, Last of Our Kind on June 2nd. The album shows the group adding new tricks […]
Royal Thunder ‘Crooked Doors’ Review: rocky breakup = hard rock bliss. I don’t why some songs can induce the chills. All I can say is that it’s a rare occurrence, but when it happens you know you’ve heard something special. That was my visceral reaction to Time Machine, the powerful opening track to Royal Thunder’s new album Crooked […]
45 Best Summer Albums Of All Time Part 2: Counting down the ultimate albums for a rocking summer. Welcome back to Part 2 of our list of the best albums that captured the summers of yesterday and that continue to rock them today. Click here to read Part 1 for entries 45-29 and Click here for Part […]
Check out the full Webcast lineup for Coachella 2014 Tomorrow kicks off the first weekend of the 2014 Coachella Music Festival. For those who couldn’t make it down to the desert festival, you’re in luck; the official webcast schedule was just announced. The webcast will air on the festival’s three official YouTube Channels, all of […]
Albums Revisited: The Cult’s ‘Sonic Temple’ Turns 25. It was the album that made the Cult megastars, but it almost did them in. Last year the Cult embarked on the Electric 13 tour, where they played their rough-edged 1987 classic rock opus from start to finish. Click here for my Electric 13 Concert Tour Review […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...