20 Most Anticipated Rock Albums of 2016: the must have rock releases of the New Year. 2016 has arrived, and it brings with it a year full of hotly anticipated new rock albums, from veteran and contemporary alternative and metal acts. Here’s our list of the 20 releases that have us excited the most about […]
Top 21 Best Alternative Rock Compilation Albums: the most essential greatest hits, B-side collection and rarities compilations in alt-rock. This month two classic 1985 compilation albums turn 30: ‘Catching up with Depeche Mode’ (on Nov.11th) and Echo & The Bunnymen’s ‘Songs to Learn and Sing’ (Nov. 15th). That got me thinking: in some cases, greatest hits collections, non-album single comps, and b-side/rarities albums […]
The Cult Announce New Album ‘Hidden City’, Release New Song ‘Dark Energy.’ Band’s 10th studio release due early February. British Alt-rock veterans The Cult will release their new album ‘Hidden City’ on February, 5th 2016. The release will be their tenth studio album, and the fifth with longtime producer Bob Rock. They’re streaming the first single […]
Albums Revisited: The Cult’s ‘Love’ Turns 30: A look back at the breakthrough album that shaped the future of alternative rock on its 30th anniversary. By the mid 80’s, rock music had become a fractured beast: the sub-genres of glam metal, thrash, New Wave, Goth, college rock, etc, had created a confusing subculture of musical cliques. Macho hair […]
Owl ‘Things You Can’t See’ Review: power trio blasts through six incendiary tracks on their new EP. Vocalist/Bassist Chris Wyse is quite the rock journeyman: he’s played with everyone from Metallica to Ozzy Osborne, and just wrapped up a 10-year stint with The Cult (not to mention his current gig playing with Kiss guitarist Ace […]
Bassist/vocalist/songwriter Chris Wyse is having a busy 2015. The former Cult bassist has a new gig playing with Kiss guitar legend Ace Frehley, and Wyse’s power trio Owl will be releasing their new album Things You Can’t See on July 28th. I recently interviewed Wyse regarding the creative process behind Owl’s new release, why he left The Cult, and what it’s like […]
The Darkness’s Frankie Poullain Talks New Album ‘Last Of Our Kind’: Darkness bassist discusses band’s new album, new drummer and what to expect from the group for 2015 in our exclusive interview. British rockers The Darkness are set to unleash their fourth album, Last of Our Kind on June 2nd. The album shows the group adding new tricks […]
Royal Thunder ‘Crooked Doors’ Review: rocky breakup = hard rock bliss. I don’t why some songs can induce the chills. All I can say is that it’s a rare occurrence, but when it happens you know you’ve heard something special. That was my visceral reaction to Time Machine, the powerful opening track to Royal Thunder’s new album Crooked […]
45 Best Summer Albums Of All Time Part 2: Counting down the ultimate albums for a rocking summer. Welcome back to Part 2 of our list of the best albums that captured the summers of yesterday and that continue to rock them today. Click here to read Part 1 for entries 45-29 and Click here for Part […]
Check out the full Webcast lineup for Coachella 2014 Tomorrow kicks off the first weekend of the 2014 Coachella Music Festival. For those who couldn’t make it down to the desert festival, you’re in luck; the official webcast schedule was just announced. The webcast will air on the festival’s three official YouTube Channels, all of […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- World Destruction: 17 ’80s Songs About Nuclear War August 10, 2017
- The Church Release New Single ‘Undersea,’ Announce Album Release Date September 8, 2017
- 30 Years Later, The Lost Boys Soundtrack Remains A Hot Mess July 30, 2017
- Richard Lynn and Ingebrigt Haker Flaten Talk Sonic Transmissions 2017 August 1, 2017
- Queens of the Stone Age ‘Villains’ Review August 18, 2017
- Roselit Bone ‘Blister Steel’ Review August 18, 2017
- Concert Review: Depeche Mode at Austin360 Amphitheater September 21, 2017
- Concert Review: The Church at 3Ten ACL Live September 19, 2017
- The Horrors ‘V’ Review September 19, 2017
- Tombstones in Their Eyes ‘Fear’ Review September 18, 2017
- Chelsea Wolfe ‘Hiss Spun’ Review September 16, 2017
- Gary Numan ‘Savage (Songs from a Broken World)’ Review September 11, 2017
- SLIS: They normally skip Texas so I'm super excited!...
- Remixes Prove ‘Vital’ for Billy Idol: […] do is we knew we had certain songs where...
- A Chaos Fairy: Aww...nobody comes to New Mexico. LOL...
- SLIS: Hi Jeremy! Glad you enjoyed. I really think Season...
- Jeremy Juliano: Very interesting piece, I am going to go back and ...
- SLIS: All great picks! Can't believe those slipped my m...