The Jesus and Mary Chain ‘Damage and Joy’ Review: the Reid brother’s successfully reconjure their signature sound on long-awaited reunion disc. Tryna win your interest back/But you ain’t having none of that/You’re just like a ship in a bottle/Kiss today but fuck tomorrow/I don’t know, I guess that we’re all through. That’s the opening verse from […]
30 Best Albums Turning 30 in 2017: The Best Albums of 1987–our list of the greatest releases celebrating 30th anniversaries this year. If you had to choose one year in the Reagan era for the best music, you’d be hard pressed to do better than 1987. Something clicked–the mainstream that had been over saturated with […]
Gene Loves Jezebel’s Jay Aston Discusses Crowdfunding New Album: frontman discusses PledgeMusic campaign for new Gene Loves Jezebel with Jay Aston release and much more in our exclusive interview. Gene Loves Jezebel always stood out from the pack of rock bands in the 1980’s. A unique mix of goth, glam rock and New Wave, they basically […]
John Garcia Talks New Acoustic Solo Album The Coyote Who Spoke In Tongues: ex-Kyuss frontman discusses new solo album in our exclusive interview. John Garcia is a stoner metal (or desert rock, depending on your preference) icon, fronting the landmark group Kyuss along with other acts including Unida, Slo-burn, Hermano and Vista Chino. But lately, the […]
SLIS’s 16 Best Rock Songs of 2016: the greatest songs got us through a tragic, brutal and bewildering year. Last week we released our list of the best albums of 2016: the discs that soothed and excited us during a very stressful year. But we can’t leave out best rock songs either. The individual sonic […]
SXSW 2016 Interview: The Cult’s Billy Duffy Talks New Album Hidden City The Cult are back with Hidden City, their first album in four years. The release shows the band exploring more subtle and atmospheric elements, culminating in one of their most varied efforts to date. Guitarist Billy Duffy’s simmering riffs, always a highlight of […]
MTV’s ‘120 Minutes’ Turns 30: a look back at the crown jewel of MTV programming on its 30th anniversary. Last week marked a nostalgic milestone for fans of alternative music: MTV’s 120 Minutes turned 30. The 30th anniversary flew under the radar, fitting for a show that felt like a secret society for seekers of a […]
SXSW 2016 Preview: This Year’s Must-See Bands. A definitive guide for the best acts (large at small) at the 30th annual Austin, TX Music Festival. By David Dierksen For those of you attending SXSW this year, we realize it can be an overwhelming task to decide which musical act demands your semi-undivided attention. And luckily […]
The Cult ‘Hidden City’ Review: veteran rockers return with their most subtle and nuanced effort to date on tenth studio album. It’s been four years since The Cult’s last album, 2012’s Choice of Weapon. Now the alternative/hard rock veterans return with Hidden City, an album that frontman Ian Astbury calls the end of a trilogy, alongside Weapon […]
20 Most Anticipated Rock Albums of 2016: the must have rock releases of the New Year. 2016 has arrived, and it brings with it a year full of hotly anticipated new rock albums, from veteran and contemporary alternative and metal acts. Here’s our list of the 20 releases that have us excited the most about […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...