The Church ‘Further/Deeper’ Review: Veteran Australian alt-rockers sound refreshed and vibrant, 34 years into their career. Fans of The Church have been on a rollercoaster ride the past few years. In 2012, frontman Steve Kilbey threatened to pull the plug due to frustration with their record label. But last year, the crisis seemed averted when the band announced working on […]
The Church Announce New Album ‘Further Deeper’, Debut New Song: Australian rock vets give details of first studio release since 2009. Next month, Australian alt-psych veterans The Church will release ‘Further Deeper’, their 25th studio album. The release will be available in Australia and New Zealand on October 17th (with release dates for other markets […]
Album Review: Steve Kilbey and Martin Kennedy make chilled-out bliss with “You Are Everything” When I interviewed Steve Kilbey earlier this year he was quite candid about the recent shakiness with his long-running band The Church, and had this to say about his new album “You Are Everything” with Martin Kennedy: “Don’t wait for the next […]
This is part 2 of my interview with Steve Kilbey. Click here to read Part 1, where we discussed his new solo album ‘The Idyllist’ and his upcoming projects with Martin Kennedy and Greg Dulli. For this segment, we discuss what keeps his creative fires burning, working solo versus collaborating, blogging, and the tenuous future of […]
Steve Kilbey is one of the most prolific songwriters in rock. Through his work with seminal Aussie alternative band The Church, his solo projects and various collaborations, the man has been a flurry of activity. He recently released “The Idyllist“, an excellent solo album that showcases his versatility and clever lyrical gifts (click here for my […]
Album Review: Steve Kilbey lets his style wander with brilliant results with ‘The Idyllist’. Fans of Aussie alternative rock veterans The Church have been a tad on edge lately. Back in October, frontman Steve Kilbey threatened he’d be quitting the band due to claims his management had been delinquent on paying the band royalties. Things seem to […]
Okay guitar fans, welcome to the 70 Most Underrated Guitar Riffs Of All Time Part 2 . I’ve scoured my brain and cd collection to make a unique list of riffs that deserve more credit, and are just cool as the same old songs that always grace Rolling Stone and Guitar World best of lists. Be […]
Top 40 Darkest Rock Albums Part 1 I guess it’s the unrelenting summer heat and sunshine that’s making me crave some dark music. Or maybe it’s just because I’m a grumpy soul. But there’s something deeply satisfying in a work of tortured genius; they seem to stick with you more than breezy pop fluff. What […]
The Ultimate Rock Wedding Playlist *Before you check out this list, you might want to read my instructions on how to build your wedding playlist so that you have everything flow smoothly regarding timing out the selections, etc. Are you stuck for ideas and need some rocking song selections to give your wedding festivities a little […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Guitarists in Rock Part 3 Okay, so now that you’ve read part 1, and part 2, we just have 15 of the most underrated guitarists in rock to go. If you want to own any of their material, just click ontheir album image to take you to Amazon. Off we […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...