Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review: veteran alternative rockers return with first album of new material in 20 years. After a successful Pledge Music campaign, Gene Loves Jezebel (known as Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel in the U.S.)have emerged with Dance Underwater (out June 30th via Westworld Records) the group’s first album of new material since […]
35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best Albums of 1992: a list of the best alternative, metal, hip-hop, indie and experimental releases from 1992. Last year I boldly declared that 1991 was the best musical year of the 90’s. And I still stand by that. But by damn, 1992 is a very close second. Whereas […]
Listen to The Church’s New Song ‘Another Century’: Aussie psych legends release first single off forthcoming album. Veteran Australian rockers The Church have just released Another Century, the first single off their forthcoming (and currently untitled album). It will be the band’s first release since their well received 2014 release Further/Deeper. The track features all […]
Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review: duo’s fifth album shows an expansive and winning evolution in their shimmering, psychedelic sound. The Church’s Steve Kilbey and All India Radio’s Martin Kennedy rejoin forces on Glow and Fade, their fifth studio album under the Kilbey Kennedy moniker (released May 26th on Golden Robot Records). The duo specializes […]
Steve Kilbey discusses Glow and Fade, his latest album with collaborator Martin Kennedy, the upcoming Church album and tour and much more in our exclusive interview. Kilbey Kennedy, the Australian musical duo featuring Steve Kilbey (The Church) and Martin Kennedy (All India Radio) are back with Glow and Fade, their fifth studio album (released May 26th on Golden Robot Records). Click […]
Albums Revisited: The Church’s ‘Priest=Aura’ Turns 25: a look back at the group’s underrated masterpiece March 10 marks the 25th anniversary of Priest=Aura, the 8th studio album from Aussie alternative psych-rockers The Church. The released followed on the success of 1988’s Starfish featuring their breakthrough hit Under The Milky Way, and 1990’s Gold Afternoon Fix, […]
MTV’s ‘120 Minutes’ Turns 30: a look back at the crown jewel of MTV programming on its 30th anniversary. Last week marked a nostalgic milestone for fans of alternative music: MTV’s 120 Minutes turned 30. The 30th anniversary flew under the radar, fitting for a show that felt like a secret society for seekers of a […]
Albums Revisited: The Church’s ‘Gold Afternoon Fix’ At 25-Welcome to the gilded cage. A look back at The Church’s underrated 1990 ‘Starfish’ follow-up. By: Peter Marks By the time 1990 rolled around The Church were at the peak of fame, they’d gotten high up in the charts with “Under The Milky Way” and ‘Starfish’ had […]
‘Inside We Are The Same’ Review: the third collaborative effort of The Church’s Steve Kilbey and All India Radio’s Martin Kennedy continues their winning brand of dreamy atmospheric song craft. Church frontman Steve Kilbey and All India Radio mastermind Martin Kennedy are back again to weave more of their mystical musical spell on their latest […]
The Church SXSW 2015 at Emo’s Concert Review: Australian alternative act’s euphoric set ends this year’s SXSW in grand fashion. SXSW 2015 closed out on a gloriously psychedelic note at Emo’s. Following sets by performance artist GABI, garage rockers Gateway Drugs and shoegazers Swervedriver, Aussie alt-rock stalwarts The Church gave a searing headlining set. Frontman Steve […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...