Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review: duo’s fifth album shows an expansive and winning evolution in their shimmering, psychedelic sound. The Church’s Steve Kilbey and All India Radio’s Martin Kennedy rejoin forces on Glow and Fade, their fifth studio album under the Kilbey Kennedy moniker (released May 26th on Golden Robot Records). The duo specializes […]
Steve Kilbey discusses Glow and Fade, his latest album with collaborator Martin Kennedy, the upcoming Church album and tour and much more in our exclusive interview. Kilbey Kennedy, the Australian musical duo featuring Steve Kilbey (The Church) and Martin Kennedy (All India Radio) are back with Glow and Fade, their fifth studio album (released May 26th on Golden Robot Records). Click […]
Albums Revisited: The Church’s ‘Priest=Aura’ Turns 25: a look back at the group’s underrated masterpiece March 10 marks the 25th anniversary of Priest=Aura, the 8th studio album from Aussie alternative psych-rockers The Church. The released followed on the success of 1988’s Starfish featuring their breakthrough hit Under The Milky Way, and 1990’s Gold Afternoon Fix, […]
MTV’s ‘120 Minutes’ Turns 30: a look back at the crown jewel of MTV programming on its 30th anniversary. Last week marked a nostalgic milestone for fans of alternative music: MTV’s 120 Minutes turned 30. The 30th anniversary flew under the radar, fitting for a show that felt like a secret society for seekers of a […]
Albums Revisited: The Church’s ‘Gold Afternoon Fix’ At 25-Welcome to the gilded cage. A look back at The Church’s underrated 1990 ‘Starfish’ follow-up. By: Peter Marks By the time 1990 rolled around The Church were at the peak of fame, they’d gotten high up in the charts with “Under The Milky Way” and ‘Starfish’ had […]
‘Inside We Are The Same’ Review: the third collaborative effort of The Church’s Steve Kilbey and All India Radio’s Martin Kennedy continues their winning brand of dreamy atmospheric song craft. Church frontman Steve Kilbey and All India Radio mastermind Martin Kennedy are back again to weave more of their mystical musical spell on their latest […]
The Church SXSW 2015 at Emo’s Concert Review: Australian alternative act’s euphoric set ends this year’s SXSW in grand fashion. SXSW 2015 closed out on a gloriously psychedelic note at Emo’s. Following sets by performance artist GABI, garage rockers Gateway Drugs and shoegazers Swervedriver, Aussie alt-rock stalwarts The Church gave a searing headlining set. Frontman Steve […]
SXSW 2015 is almost upon us, and like always, it can be a bit hectic planning out your music schedule. How to choose between new buzz bands, revered veteran acts and cult oddities? Well I’m here to help, with a list focused on pleasing lovers of alternative rock, metal and psychedelia. So without further ado, here […]
The official 2015 lineup for Barcelona, Spain’s Primavera Sound has been announced, and it’s a very interestingly eclectic mix of musical genres as well as current and classic acts. It’s also way better than the rather unimpressive respective lineups of this years Coachella and Bonnaroo music festivals. So let’s dive in shall we? The recently resurrected Sleater-Kinney , […]
The Church Announce 2015 North American Tour Dates: Australian Alternative rockers launch Further/Deeper tour Australian psychedelic icons The Church have just announced a slate of North American tour dates for 2015. The date start in Vancouver, British Columbia in late February and will wrap up at Austin, TX’s SXSW Festival in March. The band will also […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...