Book Review: The Official DC Super Hero Joke Book: Downtown Bookworks humorous collection will appeal to DC Comics fans of all generations. How did Aquaman ask out Mera on their first date? “Water you doing Friday night?” What happened when Batman was late to play baseball with Robin? There was a Wayne delay. If you […]
Book Review: DC Super Heroes: The Big Book of Girl Power–new children’s book celebrates the women of DC Comics The female superheroes of DC Comics have been front and center in a big way lately: Wonder Woman is now a U.N. Ambassador, and her new movie (featuring Gal Gadot) debuts next year. Supergirl is flying […]
DC Comics: ‘My First Book of Super-Villains’ Review: with ‘Suicide Squad’ ready to storm cinemas, here’s a more kid friendly alternative which offers life-lessons through DC’s most iconic heroes and villains. As a new father to a baby girl, I feel a strong paternal inclination to do two things: (1) to teach her right from wrong […]
Zack Snyder announces Superman/Batman movie at 2013 San Diego Comic-Con. Today at San Diego’s 2013 comic-con, director Zack Snyder blew fanboys minds. He was joined on stage by actor Henry Lennix, (who played Gen. Swanwick in Man of Steel), who read these words: “I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come. In all […]
Why The World Still Needs Superman, perhaps more than ever before. When it was announced there was going to be yet another Superman movie, public response was muted. Superman Returns was a bland non-starter, and DC has had trouble getting superhero movies off the ground (with the exception of Christopher Nolan’s films). And when it was confirmed that […]
Watch Brand New Man Of Steel Trailer, which gives fans a much bigger look into the new Superman saga. Yesterday Warner Bros. released a new trailer for their Superman reboot Man of Steel. Superhero fans who were pretty meh on the skimpy teaser trailer may be more encouraged with this one. But it still offers […]
‘Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2’ Blu-Ray Review: The Second Half to the animated adaptation of Frank Miller’s iconic ‘The Dark Knight Returns’ has arrived. So how does it stack up with Part one? ***SPOILER ALERT: I’ll be discussing major plot points. You’ve been warned. Last year I reviewed ‘Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1′ […]
The SLIS Geek Holiday Gift Guide 2012: The Best in Books, Clothing and Collectibles Recently I’ve covered the Best Music Box Sets, the Best DVD and Blu-Ray Sets, and the 27 Best Novelty geek gifts to aid you in your holiday shopping needs. For my last gift guide installment, we’ll be covering the best in books, collectibles and […]
The 13 Lamest Comic Book Characters I recently posted about why Batman’s the best superhero ever (check it out here). He is of course, one of many awesome comic characters, from the most well-known, to what’s referred to in comic geek circles as second tier characters (Daredevil or Green Arrow come to mind), or third […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...