Concert Review: A Perfect Circle at HEB Center: reconstituted alt-rock veterans cranked out an elegant, atmospheric set in Austin, TX. It’s been six years since A Perfect Circle toured North America, and nearly 14 years since their last album. But as their well received, stellar set at Austin/Cedar Park’s HEB Center proved, absence has only made the heart […]
Tyson Meade Talks 25th Anniversary of Chainsaw Kittens Flipped Out in Singapore: a look back at a cult classic 90s alternative gem (featured image photo credit: Dylan Johnson) Norman Oklahoma’s Chainsaw Kittens were the best kept secret of 90s alternative rock. The group, led by theatrical frontman Tyson Meade, crafted an infectious mix of glam, […]
Albums Revisited: David Bowie’s ‘Earthling’ Turns 20: a look back at Bowie’s underrated electronica excursion on its 20th anniversary. While the late David Bowie is celebrated as a groundbreaking icon, whose strokes of genius stretched far and wide, his 90’s output remains the most underrated and least celebrated work in his catalogue. And while his […]
It’s been rumored for months and now it appears to be official: Billy Corgan revealed in a recent radio interview that the original Smashing Punpkins lineup featuring himself, James Iha, D’arcy Wretsky and Jimmy Chamberlain will reunite this year for a world tour. In addition to confirming positive talks with Iha, Corgan expanded on the […]
25 Best Albums From 1991: the greatest and most revolutionary records from 25 years ago. Something was in the water in 1991: maybe it was the end of the Cold War, the start and end of the Persian Gulf War, the Rodney King beatings, a rejection of Reaganomics and the moral majority, but kids were ready for […]
Billy Corgan Reconciles With D’arcy Wretzky, Fuels Reunion Hopes: Smashing Pumpkins frontman discusses opening line of communication with former bassist. We reported recently that a long-hoped for reunion of the classic Smashing Pumpkins lineup, once thought unthinkable, is gaining traction. And frontman/master contrarian Billy Corgan added more fuel to the reunion fire, as first reported by […]
Original Smashing Pumpkins Lineup Reuniting? Billy Corgan drops a possible cryptic hint. As reported by Alternative Nation, Billy Corgan just released a Facebook video update that will surely have his fan base atwitter. Uncharacteristically subdued and jovial, he hinted at a few projects in the works including a new solo album: “I’ll give more details on […]
Garbage ‘Strange Little Birds’ Review: veteran alt-rockers return with their best album since 2001’s ‘Beautiful Garbage.’ If generic 21st century pop depresses you, Shirley Manson feels your pain. The Garbage vocalist expressed her frustration with modern music in the press statement for the band’s new album Strange Little Birds: “I’m aching for some dark and dismal. Because […]
Albums Revisited: Smashing Pumpkins ‘Gish’ Turns 25–celebrating the Pumpkins indie début album on its 25th anniversary. May 28th marks a Gen-X musical milestone: on that date 25 years ago, The Smashing Pumpkins released their début album Gish, the highest selling indie record at that time (until 1994’s Smash by The Offspring…ewww… let’s keep’em separated). Gish […]
Ex-guitarist returns for surprise appearance at Los Angeles concert performing tracks off ‘Siamese Dream’. It’s an Easter miracle: last night, estranged Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha joined the band to perform songs from their 1993 masterpiece ‘Siamese Dream.’ This marks the first time in 16 years that he’s shared the stage with frontman Billy Corgan […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...