‘Revolution The Shoegaze Revival’ is a free compilation showcasing 30 international acts inspired by genre forefathers. There’s no mistaking that 90’s nostalgia has brought back the shoegaze genre in a big way. With the return of veteran groups like My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Swervedriver, and most recently Ride, longtime fans and newbies are rejoicing in the […]
Slowdive Reunite For Primavera Sound: Dream-pop group will play alongside Pixies and The National. Slowly but surely, shoegaze is coming back into vogue. Last year saw My Bloody Valentine’s first album since 1991’s Loveless. And now its been confirmed that dreampop act (and Creation label mates) Slowdive are also reforming. They’ll be playing the second day […]
Album Review: The Barrens (Independent Music Promotions) *An interesting fusion of dream-pop, alt-rock and psychedelia, this album casts a lingering spell. The Barrens are a band from NYC that are doing an interesting blend of alternative rock sub-genres on their self titled album (which you can preview and download here from Bandcamp; you set […]
The Ultimate Rock Wedding Playlist *Before you check out this list, you might want to read my instructions on how to build your wedding playlist so that you have everything flow smoothly regarding timing out the selections, etc. Are you stuck for ideas and need some rocking song selections to give your wedding festivities a little […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Singers in Rock Part 1 Awhile back I did the Top 15 Lyricists in Alternative Rock. I decided its time to tackle another list, and this time to focus on vocalists. For my money, a great rock vocalist should do any or all of the following; make you feel […]
Ah, the Mix-tape: We don’t think much about cassettes anymore. They were inherently a horrible medium for sound quality. Every time you played one you’d get audio loss, eventually warped sound, or in the worst case, a snapped ribbon of tape meaning one more piece of plastic chucked in the trash, resting in a landfill […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Watch The Veldt’s One Day Out of Life Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release July 14, 2017
- The Melvins ‘A Walk With Love and Death’ Review July 10, 2017
- Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review July 10, 2017
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...
- A Chaos Fairy: I love This Mortal Coil. Their remake of "Song to...