A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review: Progressive-shoegaze duo release 5th single from forthcoming album. Colorado neo-shoegazers A Shoreline Dream are working steadily on their next full-length album, but they’re giving fans a taste of each new development, releasing each completed track as a single. Each song paints a picture of a band at […]
Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review: shoegaze icon’s dynamic and captivating reunion disc is well worth the wait. One of the most welcome musical resurgences of the past few years is the return of Shoegaze, that curious British-born genre that cultivated a small yet rabid fan base in the early 90’s. And of the most lauded bands from […]
Slowdive ‘Slowdive’ Review: reunited Brit shoegazers craft the rare comeback album that doesn’t disappoint. Shoegaze has come back with a vengeance the past few years, with new albums from My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Lush, and The Veldt (to name but a few). And now Slowdive return with Slowdive, their first new album […]
Listen to ‘Star Roving,’ Slowdive’s First New Song in 22 Years: reunited shoegaze act release first song from upcoming new studio album. 2017 is going to be a big year for shoegaze revivalist, with new albums from The Jesus and Mary Chain and Ride in the works. But equally anticipated is the upcoming new release […]
25 Best Albums From 1991: the greatest and most revolutionary records from 25 years ago. Something was in the water in 1991: maybe it was the end of the Cold War, the start and end of the Persian Gulf War, the Rodney King beatings, a rejection of Reaganomics and the moral majority, but kids were ready for […]
Slowdive Finish Recording First New Album in 20 Years: band wrap up production on first release since 1995. Reunited shoegaze legends Slowdive have finally put the finishing touches on their upcoming studio album. The as-yet-untitled release will be the group’s since their 1995 swan song Pygmalion. Drummer Simon Scott made the announcement in Danish magazine […]
Minor Victories Album Review: alternative supergroup excels on exciting début. Let’s face it: supergroups are usually more exciting in theory than in practice, failing to live up to the grand expectations raised when noted musical personalities collide. But Minor Victories, featuring Slowdive vocalist Rachel Goswell, Mogwai guitarist Stuart Braithwaite and Editors’ Justin and James Lockey […]
Lush ‘Blind Spot’ EP Review: 90’s Shoegazers roar back to life on accomplished EP. The past few years have seen a host of 90’s shoegaze acts reuniting, but Lush’s comeback was one of the most unexpected. The London-based band folded after drummer Chris Acland’s tragic suicide in 1996, with former members Miki Berenyi, Emma Anderson […]
The Veldt’s Daniel Chavis Talks New EP The Shocking Fuzz Of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation Mixtape
The Veldt’s Daniel Chavis Talks New EP The Shocking Fuzz Of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation Mixtape EP. Frontman discusses shoegaze group’s atmospheric return. The Veldt were one of the best kept secrets in 90’s alternative music. Originating in the Chapel Hill, NC music scene alongside acts like Superchunk and Archers of Loaf, they bridged together elements […]
Levitation 2016 Announces Official Lineup: the festival formerly known as Austin Psych Fest announces a sterling lineup for 2016. Today the organizers behind Austin, Texas Levitation Festival announced its official 2016 lineup, and its a impressive mix of classic psychedelia , shoegaze, drone metal and more. Headlining the bill will be Beach Boys mastermind Brian Wilson who will be performing […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...