Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review: shoegaze icon’s dynamic and captivating reunion disc is well worth the wait. One of the most welcome musical resurgences of the past few years is the return of Shoegaze, that curious British-born genre that cultivated a small yet rabid fan base in the early 90’s. And of the most lauded bands from […]
Slowdive ‘Slowdive’ Review: reunited Brit shoegazers craft the rare comeback album that doesn’t disappoint. Shoegaze has come back with a vengeance the past few years, with new albums from My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Lush, and The Veldt (to name but a few). And now Slowdive return with Slowdive, their first new album […]
Listen to ‘Star Roving,’ Slowdive’s First New Song in 22 Years: reunited shoegaze act release first song from upcoming new studio album. 2017 is going to be a big year for shoegaze revivalist, with new albums from The Jesus and Mary Chain and Ride in the works. But equally anticipated is the upcoming new release […]
25 Best Albums From 1991: the greatest and most revolutionary records from 25 years ago. Something was in the water in 1991: maybe it was the end of the Cold War, the start and end of the Persian Gulf War, the Rodney King beatings, a rejection of Reaganomics and the moral majority, but kids were ready for […]
Slowdive Finish Recording First New Album in 20 Years: band wrap up production on first release since 1995. Reunited shoegaze legends Slowdive have finally put the finishing touches on their upcoming studio album. The as-yet-untitled release will be the group’s since their 1995 swan song Pygmalion. Drummer Simon Scott made the announcement in Danish magazine […]
Minor Victories Album Review: alternative supergroup excels on exciting début. Let’s face it: supergroups are usually more exciting in theory than in practice, failing to live up to the grand expectations raised when noted musical personalities collide. But Minor Victories, featuring Slowdive vocalist Rachel Goswell, Mogwai guitarist Stuart Braithwaite and Editors’ Justin and James Lockey […]
Lush ‘Blind Spot’ EP Review: 90’s Shoegazers roar back to life on accomplished EP. The past few years have seen a host of 90’s shoegaze acts reuniting, but Lush’s comeback was one of the most unexpected. The London-based band folded after drummer Chris Acland’s tragic suicide in 1996, with former members Miki Berenyi, Emma Anderson […]
The Veldt’s Daniel Chavis Talks New EP The Shocking Fuzz Of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation Mixtape
The Veldt’s Daniel Chavis Talks New EP The Shocking Fuzz Of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation Mixtape EP. Frontman discusses shoegaze group’s atmospheric return. The Veldt were one of the best kept secrets in 90’s alternative music. Originating in the Chapel Hill, NC music scene alongside acts like Superchunk and Archers of Loaf, they bridged together elements […]
Levitation 2016 Announces Official Lineup: the festival formerly known as Austin Psych Fest announces a sterling lineup for 2016. Today the organizers behind Austin, Texas Levitation Festival announced its official 2016 lineup, and its a impressive mix of classic psychedelia , shoegaze, drone metal and more. Headlining the bill will be Beach Boys mastermind Brian Wilson who will be performing […]
Creation Records, the iconic label responsible for breaking The Jesus and Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, Oasis and shoegaze at large to the masses, unveiled a free gift to devotees of their artist roster. ‘Creation Records: Live in London 1987 to 1992′ contains a bevy of live bootlegs from groups like Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...