The Veldt-The Shocking Fuzz of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation Mixtape EP Review: soulgazers return with sublime five song collection. The resurgence in Shoegaze from British luminaries like My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, and Lush speaks to the staying power of a genre that mixed wall of noise guitars with ethereal melodies. But there’s a […]
The Veldt’s Daniel Chavis Talks New EP The Shocking Fuzz Of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation Mixtape
The Veldt’s Daniel Chavis Talks New EP The Shocking Fuzz Of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation Mixtape EP. Frontman discusses shoegaze group’s atmospheric return. The Veldt were one of the best kept secrets in 90’s alternative music. Originating in the Chapel Hill, NC music scene alongside acts like Superchunk and Archers of Loaf, they bridged together elements […]
Creation Records, the iconic label responsible for breaking The Jesus and Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, Oasis and shoegaze at large to the masses, unveiled a free gift to devotees of their artist roster. ‘Creation Records: Live in London 1987 to 1992′ contains a bevy of live bootlegs from groups like Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, […]
‘Revolution The Shoegaze Revival’ is a free compilation showcasing 30 international acts inspired by genre forefathers. There’s no mistaking that 90’s nostalgia has brought back the shoegaze genre in a big way. With the return of veteran groups like My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Swervedriver, and most recently Ride, longtime fans and newbies are rejoicing in the […]
Slowdive Reunite For Primavera Sound: Dream-pop group will play alongside Pixies and The National. Slowly but surely, shoegaze is coming back into vogue. Last year saw My Bloody Valentine’s first album since 1991’s Loveless. And now its been confirmed that dreampop act (and Creation label mates) Slowdive are also reforming. They’ll be playing the second day […]
Upside Down The Creation Records Story Review. Rock doc revisits the Shoegaze, Acid-house and Britpop scenes through the prism of the record label that broke them all. I really couldn’t understand what he was saying but he was clearly enthusiastic. So says Post-punk icon Bob Mould while discussing Alan McGee, the drug crazed, often unintelligible […]
Album Review: 21 years after “Loveless”, My Bloody Valentine release their new album ‘MBV’. Does it live up to its predecessor? With little warning, My Bloody Valentine released their new album MBV (or ‘m b v‘, officially) on their website, causing a flurry of anticipatory internet chatter and server crashes. But every fan had the same concern: how […]
Top 40 darkest rock albums Part 2 Off we go with the 2nd installment of my list of the darkest albums ever made. Click here to read Part 1 if you haven’t already, so you can see what you’ve missed. If you want to preview or purchase any of the entries, clicking on the album name […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Watch The Veldt’s One Day Out of Life Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release July 14, 2017
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...
- A Chaos Fairy: I love This Mortal Coil. Their remake of "Song to...