The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: ranking their sprawling, ambitious 1987 double album from worst to best. May 25th marks the 30th anniversary (30!!) of The Cure’s double album Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me (this is a big month for Cure milestones: Wish and Pornography turned 25 and 35 respectively). […]
Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25: a look back on the band’s best-selling, yet oddly overlooked 1992 album on its 25th anniversary. 1992 saw a musical landscape still basking in the sounds of Seattle. Thanks to Nirvana’s Nevermind, grunge and heavy alt-rock were the flavor of the day, making the alternative college music scene quite […]
Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘The Head On The Door’ Turns 30: British band’s global breakthrough hits the three-decade mark. On August 26th, 2015, The Cure’s breakthrough album The Head on The Door celebrates its 30th anniversary. And it maintains a unique place in the band’s discography, splitting the difference between the dismal, atmospheric Goth on […]
Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Disintegration’ Turns 25; a look back at one of the best albums of the 80’s (or any other decade). A timeless gothic masterpiece. On May 2nd, 1989, The Cure released their eighth album ‘Disintegration.‘ It’s now renown as a singular expression of heartache, introversion, solemn resolve and bleak beauty. It’s hard to fathom […]
Robert Smith Announces 3 New Cure Albums, Attacks Music Critic: Cure frontman clarifies recent comments on new Cure material, and goes off on a reviewer who trashed the band’s recent gig. It’s nice to know that no matter how old a punk/goth luminary gets, he can still dredge up the angst when necessary. Such is […]
The Cure Announce New Album 4:13 Scream: 2014 Release Will Be Goth Group’s First Release In 6 Years. With the recent announcement of The Cure’s two sold out performances for The Teenage Cancer trust at the Royal Albert Hall, there’s been rumors of a long in-the-works new album. Well good news Cure fans; the band […]
Well news of Austin’s ACL Fest Lineup just took a turn for the gloriously gloomy. Alternative Rock Icons The Cure are scheduled to headline both weekends of the 2013 festival. The band was rumored to headline when an anagram of their name was featured on the festivals webpage last week (as ERH TCUE). There slot was […]
Top 40 Darkest Rock Albums Part 4 *Before reading make sure you’ve checked out part 1, part 2 ,and part 3 to see what you may have missed. Okay here we are for the final installment of the Darkest Rock Albums. We have just 10 more to go! If you want any of these in your […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Singers in Rock Part 2 Okay, here we are for the 2nd installment of the 40 vocalists that deserve far more credit then they’ve been given by the music industry at large. If you missed part 1, catch up here. I’ll have Youtube links to specific songs highlighted in […]
The Top 15 Lyricists in Alternative Rock It’s easy to pinpoint your favorite vocalists. Lung power, pitch and emotion make identification easy. And not every song needs great lyrics. There are plenty of great songs where wordplay is negligible at best. But when you can find a song whose words hit you deeply, you’re […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- John Fryer Talks New Black Needle Noise Album ‘Lost in Reflections’ July 24, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- SLIS: I stand corrected!...
- May Kitt-Wright: The Flame was written by Bob Mitchell and Nick Gra...
- SLIS: Soused was a crazy album! I forgot Walker was invo...
- SLIS: Thanks! Mayhem is another band I'm not well verse...
- The Mouth: Nor was I. I always loved Motorcycle Emptiness but...
- Kevin: I just listened to "Soused" by Scott Walker &...