20 Albums Turning 20 in 2017: the best alternative releases of 1997 The alternative rock landscape had changed by the late 90s. Grunge was pretty much dead, no longer considered a viable commercial option for record labels. Nirvana were over, Soundgarden had split and Alice in Chains were hobbled by Layne Staley’s heroin habit. Pearl […]
Primavera Sound 2016 Lineup Announced: Barcelona held festival continues to astound with impressive roster-headliners include Radiohead, Sigur Ros and LCD Soundsystem. Primavera Sound announced their official 2016 lineup today, and as in past years, they continue to wow with a stellar array of talent. Headliners this year include Radiohead, the newly reunited LCD Soundsystem, and Sigur […]
Albums Revisited: Radiohead’s The Bends Turns 20: a look back at one of the most revered sophomore albums of all time. On March 13th, Radiohead’s sophomore album The Bends will celebrate its 20th anniversary. Besides making me feel ancient, it’s also a time to reflect on that album’s legacy, and how it stacks up against Radiohead’s […]
Listen to Thom Yorke’s UK Gold Soundtrack featuring Massive Attack and Elbow: film chronicles British tax evasion scandal. UK Gold is a controversial film diving into the hot button issue of tax evasion in Great Britain. And it has a vocal advocate: Radiohead’s Thom Yorke, who has scored the project with assistance from Massive Attack’s […]
20 Most Anticipated Rock Albums of 2015: 20 must have rock discs for the new year There’s a lot for rock fans to look forward to in 2015. To help with your album hunting needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top 20 discs that should make fans of alternative, metal, goth, electronica and film […]
Albums Revisited: Radiohead ‘Pablo Honey’. The band disowned it, and their fans ignore it. It’s their loss, because ‘Pablo Honey’ in an underrated gem. I recently saw Thom York and Flea perform on The Daily Show with their new band Atoms For Peace. After watching a few minutes of it, it brought back home the sobering […]
The Darkness: Hot Cakes Album Review *England’s Glam Rock Goofballs retain their hard rock wit but still can’t top their killer début. [amazon_image id=”B008WHTFL8″ link=”true” target=”_blank” size=”medium” ]Hot Cakes [Explicit][/amazon_image] Only The Darkness are ridiculous and cheeky enough to call an album “Hot Cakes”. But that’s what makes them so endearing. The Darkness were sorely needed in the early 00’s. […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Watch The Veldt’s One Day Out of Life Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release July 14, 2017
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...
- A Chaos Fairy: I love This Mortal Coil. Their remake of "Song to...