Danzig ‘Black Laden Crown’ Review: Danzig returns with his first album of original material since 2010’s ‘Deth Red Sabaoth.’ Its been awhile since we’ve heard new music from Danzig: while his covers album Skeletons came out in 2015, he hasn’t released any original music since 2010’s Deth Red Sabaoath. But that’s about to change with the […]
John Garcia Talks New Acoustic Solo Album The Coyote Who Spoke In Tongues: ex-Kyuss frontman discusses new solo album in our exclusive interview. John Garcia is a stoner metal (or desert rock, depending on your preference) icon, fronting the landmark group Kyuss along with other acts including Unida, Slo-burn, Hermano and Vista Chino. But lately, the […]
Brant Bjork Talks New Solo Album ‘Tao of The Devil’: desert rocker discusses his latest sizzling disc in our exclusive interview. One of the pioneers of desert rock and stoner metal, Brant Bjork has been involved with some of the most preeminent bands of the genre, including Kyuss (the Godfathers of the scene), Fu Manchu, and Vista […]
Iggy Pop ‘Post Pop Depression’ Review: Pop and Homme join forces for a suitably strange, if overly restrained affair. It’s been a grim few months for rock music given the deaths of Lemmy, Frey, Emerson, and (most seismically) David Bowie. And while still alive and kicking, Iggy Pop is confronting his own mortality. His new […]
Josh Homme and Iggy Pop Announce New Album ‘Post Pop Depression’: duo reveal secret album and forthcoming tour. Mutual fans of Queens of The Stone Age and Iggy Pop get ready to freak: the two have just revealed ‘Post Pop Depression’, their forthcoming album (due out March 18th via Loma Vista) that was made in utmost […]
Mark Lanegan ‘Houston (Publishing Demos 2002)’ Review: former Screaming Trees and QOTSA vocalist unearths previously unreleased solo recordings. The latest release from whiskey voiced troubadour Mark Lanegan is an intriguing look back upon his musical past. Houston (Publishing Demos 2002) contains previously unreleased recordings recorded over a 7-day stretch in the spring of 2002, two years […]
Mark Lanegan Announces New Rarities Release ‘Houston’ (Publishing Demos 2002): August release will focus on previously unreleased solo material. Vocalist Mark Lanegan will release Houston (Publishing Demons 2002), on August, 21st via Ipecac Recordings. The album contains recordings by Lanegan while he was forging a new musical path in the wake of the 2000 breakup […]
Eagles of Death Metal Release New Song ‘Complexity’: John Homme marks return to side project with new track ‘Complexity’. Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme surprised Eagles of Death Metal fans by popping up onstage at a gig in Paris last week. And now his return to his side project is complete: today the group […]
Queens Of The Stone Age ‘Rated R’ Turns 15- looking back on a a feel-good summer hit on its 15th anniversary. June 6, 2015 marks the 15th anniversary of QOTSA’s sophomore album Rated R, a disc that broke the band worldwide, and made them the première rock act for those of discerning tastes. Co-produced by frontman […]
Queens Of The Stone Age Majestic Theatre Concert Review: Josh Homme and co deliver an incendiary set on a cold Texas night at the San Antonio Majestic Theater. Don’t get the wrong impression of Queens Of The Stone Age frontman Josh Homme. Despite his recent (and past issues) with unruly concert-goers, he still wants you […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...