Concert Review: A Perfect Circle at HEB Center: reconstituted alt-rock veterans cranked out an elegant, atmospheric set in Austin, TX. It’s been six years since A Perfect Circle toured North America, and nearly 14 years since their last album. But as their well received, stellar set at Austin/Cedar Park’s HEB Center proved, absence has only made the heart […]
Book Review: A Perfect Union of Contrary Things By Maynard James Keenan and Sarah Jensen: Tool frontman offers illuminating snapshots of his past in new autobiography. When one thinks “enigmatic rock star,” one of the first that comes to mind is Maynard James Keenan. The frontman of Tool, A Perfect Circle and Puscifer has seemingly […]
SLIS’s 15 Best Rock Albums of 2015: the best metal and alternative rock albums of the year. Last week I covered the 25 best rock songs of 2015, and now it’s time to celebrate the best albums of the year. As always I pride myself on sticking to rock oriented releases in a sea of pop nonsense, […]
Concert Review: Puscifer at Bass Concert Hall, Austin, TX: Maynard James Keenan’s rock-comedy project keeps things weird in the Texas capital. Yesterday marked Puscifer’s third stop off their 2015 Money Shot Tour, which landed them at Austin, TX’s Bass Concert Hall. And attendees who’ve learned to expect the unexpected from Maynard James Keenan’s oddball musical/comedy art-troupe, weren’t disappointed. Click here for my Money […]
Puscifer ‘Money Shot’ Review: Maynard James Keenan and co. make their most cohesive and satisfying album to date. Frontman Maynard James Keenan lit up the internet this week when he appeared to lash out at Tool’s fan base, saying in a Phoenix New Times interview that they’re: Insufferable people. It’s just ridiculous, retards. I’m sorry. Can’t help them. […]
Puscifer Announces 2015 Tour, ‘Money Shot’ Tracklist: band reveal North American tour dates and new album details. The touring lineup will feature former Ministry bassist Paul Barker. Puscifer, the electronica driven group fronted by Tool and A Perfect Circle vocalist Maynard James Keenan, have announced a fall North American tour in support of their upcoming […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...