Danzig ‘Blackest of The Black’ Austin, TX Concert Review: Devilish Metal was alive and well at Stubbs’ Waller Creek Amphitheater. Even in a city as hipster-centric as Austin, a week bookended by two ACL Festival installments is pushing it. So thank God (I mean Satan) for Danzig’s Blackest of the Black Festival, which added a much-needed […]
Stream Teenage Time Killers New Album ‘Greatest Hits Vol. 1’: punk-metal supergroup stream album ahead of official release next week. Supergroup Teenage Time Killer’s highly awaited début album ‘Greatest Hits Vol. 1’ (Reprise Records) won’t be officially released until July 31st. But those waiting impatiently can preview the album in full via the New York […]
Supergroup Teenage Time Killers Announce Album Release Date: full details and track listing for album featuring Dave Grohl, C.O.C, Randy Blythe, Tommy Victor, and much more. The long in the works début release from punk-metal supergroup Teenage Time Killers has finally been given a release date. The new album, boldly titled Greatest Hits Volume 1, will be […]
Prong-Songs From The Black Hole Review: Prong crafts a unique and entertaining collection of songs that honor their hardcore influences. Prong have been on a roll. In the past three years they’ve released two acclaimed albums (the most recent being 2014’s Ruining Lives), proving that founding member-guitarist/vocalist Tommy Victor isn’t resting on his laurels. He’s made […]
Concert Review: Prong At Backstage Live San Antonio. Tommy Victor’s genre-defying metal act rip through a satisfying setlist. Prong have always been a metal act hard to characterize; morphing from thrash to post-punk, industrial, and groove metal, they’re the perfect band for the metal head that gets bored easily. Their ability to mine many variations […]
Prong ‘Ruining Lives’ Review: Tommy Victor returns with guns blazing for Prong’s latest release. When I interviewed Prong frontman Tommy Victor last year, he mentioned the next Prong album would draw upon the alternative industrial metal sound of albums like ‘Cleansing’ and underrated follow-up ‘Rude Awakening.’ Click here for Albums Revisited; Prong’s ‘Cleansing’ Turns 20 […]
Albums Revisited: Prong’s Cleansing Turns 20. Looking back at an underrated, yet influential masterpiece. This Saturday marks the 20th anniversary of Cleansing, Prong’s 1994 metal masterwork. Prong are a band I’ve covered on several occasions (click here for my interview with band leader Tommy Victor). They’re a band that deserved to be huge, yet never […]
The SLIS Interview with Tommy Victor. Tommy Victor has been busy. Last year saw the release of Prong’s ‘Carved Into Stone‘, one of the band’s best to date (click here for my review). In addition he played on Ministry’s latest album ‘Relapse‘ and is currently touring with Danzig for his 25th Anniversary tour. He’s also […]
Welcome to 40 Bands That Should Have Been Bigger Part 3, where we celebrate bands who never got as big as their talents. Make sure you’ve read Part 1 and Part 2 so you see who I’ve already covered. If you want to preview or buy any of these lost treasures, click on their name (highlighted […]
Alright folks, here we are to wrap up the 70 Most Underrated Guitar Riffs Of All Time Part 3. Be sure to check out Parts One and Two if you haven’t already, to see what other hidden gems I’ve covered. Want to preview or buy on iTunes? Check out my playlist at the bottom of […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...