Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review: Tommy Victor and co. continue their workaholic output on angst ridden new release. Prong have been on a prolific streak in the 2010’s. In the past 6 years, the metal veterans have released no less than four albums (including last year’s superb effort X (No Absolutes). And now the group, led […]
J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’: guitarist recalls recording and touring behind band’s breakout album. March 31st marked the 25th anniversary of White Zombie’s La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1. It was the album that broke them into the mainstream–a combination of groove metal, industrial and alternative rock saturated with B-movie film quotes and […]
Prong Announce Release Details For New Album ‘Zero Days’: pioneering metal band’s latest album due next month. Veteran metallers Prong have been on a prolific tear of creativity the past few years, between 2012’s Carved in Stone, 2014’s Ruining Lives, the 2015 covers album Songs From The Black Hole and last year’s X-No Absolutes–one of […]
Danzig ‘Black Laden Crown’ Review: Danzig returns with his first album of original material since 2010’s ‘Deth Red Sabaoth.’ Its been awhile since we’ve heard new music from Danzig: while his covers album Skeletons came out in 2015, he hasn’t released any original music since 2010’s Deth Red Sabaoath. But that’s about to change with the […]
Swans: ‘The Great Annihilator’ (Deluxe Edition) Review: underrated 1995 album gets deluxe remastered double-vinyl reissue. To say NYC noise rock legends SWANS have had a unique career trajectory is an understatement. Whereas most bands that formed in the 80s subsist by playing their back catalogue on the nostalgia circuit, Swans have become more popular than ever. […]
SLIS’s 16 Best Rock Songs of 2016: the greatest songs got us through a tragic, brutal and bewildering year. Last week we released our list of the best albums of 2016: the discs that soothed and excited us during a very stressful year. But we can’t leave out best rock songs either. The individual sonic […]
SLIS’s 16 Best Albums of 2016: The best alternative, metal, and electronic releases of a brutal year. Good grief 2016 may go down in history as one of the most depressing and exhausting years ever. It was politically soul-sucking, full of heartbreak, including a ton of musical greats who we lost along the way. Luckily, […]
Richard Christy Talks New Charred Walls of The Damned Album ‘Creatures Watching Over the Dead’: veteran metal drummer discusses latest release in exclusive interview. September 23rd will see the release of Creatures Watching Over The Dead (Metal Blade Records), the third studio album from metal supergroup Charred Walls of The Damned. The group is the brainchild […]
MGT ‘Volumes’ Review: journeyman guitarist Mark Gemini Thwaite shows off his multi-faceted chops on album featuring notable alt-rock collaborators. Mark Gemini Thwaite may not be a household name. But if you’re a fan of industrial, Goth and alternative rock, you’ve more than likely heard his work at some point. Over his varied career, the guitarist has played […]
Prong ‘X – No Absolutes’ Review: genre-bending metal act produce their most diverse album yet. Between 2012’s Carved in Stone, 2014’s Ruining Lives and last year’s eclectic covers album Songs From The Black Hole, Prong have been on an inspired creative path as of late. And now the trio (led by founding vocalist/guitarist Tommy Victor) return with X – No Absolutes, […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...