Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live: reunited group pay tribute to their founder at Austin performance. “Shall we begin? Yes Lisa.” Those infamous spoken word lyrics to Prince and The Revolution’s Computer Blue kicked off The Revolution’s set this weekend at Austin’s ACL Live. Prince’s legendary backing band have reunited and […]
30 Best Albums Turning 30 in 2017: The Best Albums of 1987–our list of the greatest releases celebrating 30th anniversaries this year. If you had to choose one year in the Reagan era for the best music, you’d be hard pressed to do better than 1987. Something clicked–the mainstream that had been over saturated with […]
SLIS Holiday Gift Guide: Best 2016 Music Box Sets: our picks for the best alternative, punk, metal and classic rock box sets, reissues, Blu-rays, deluxe vinyl and other music related items that make perfect holiday gifts for music lovers. Hard to believe it but the holiday are almost upon us. And with it comes the […]
Dean Ween Talks New Solo Release ‘The Deaner Album’: Dean Ween discusses solo debut in our exclusive interview. 2016 has proven a busy year for Dean Ween (Mickey Melchiondo). In addition to participating in the recent Ween reunion tour, he’s also prepping for the release of his first solo effort, The Deaner Album (out October 21st […]
25 Best Albums From 1991: the greatest and most revolutionary records from 25 years ago. Something was in the water in 1991: maybe it was the end of the Cold War, the start and end of the Persian Gulf War, the Rodney King beatings, a rejection of Reaganomics and the moral majority, but kids were ready for […]
Albums Revisited: Prince’s ‘Around The World In A Day’ Turns 31: a look back on Prince’s underrated psychedelic opus. The world is still reeling from the death of Prince. While the cause of death is still unknown, the loss is a devastating blow to those of us who grew up listening to his music. But […]
‘Controversy’: Remembering Prince’s ‘Darling Nikki’ and The PMRC: how Prince’s struggle of sinner vs. saint inflamed the moral majority during the Reagan era. Like many, I’m still in shock about Prince’s death last week. Only recently I eulogized David Bowie, an artist who changed the face of pop-culture. And Prince, an artist who certainly followed […]
45 Best Summer Albums Of All Time Part 3; the conclusion to our list of the most summer-centric albums ever made. Welcome back to the third and final installment of our list of the best summer albums of all time, covering a variety of genres and era. If you haven’t already, click here to read […]
Welcome back to the second (and final) installment of the 40 Best Valentine’s Day Albums Of All Time. Click here to read Part One. So without further ado, here are the top 20 sexiest and most romantic albums ever made, comprised mostly of alternative rock, funk, soul, electronica and jazz. I’ll have essential romantic tracks […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review July 10, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- John Fryer Talks New Black Needle Noise Album ‘Lost in Reflections’ July 24, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- SLIS: Soused was a crazy album! I forgot Walker was invo...
- SLIS: Thanks! Mayhem is another band I'm not well verse...
- The Mouth: Nor was I. I always loved Motorcycle Emptiness but...
- Kevin: I just listened to "Soused" by Scott Walker &...
- SLIS: @The Mouth: Well, look like I need to revisit the ...
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...