Peter Hook and The Light Live Album Series Review: former New Order and Joy Division bassist revisits his past in blazing concert releases. When Peter Hook left New Order in 2013, it felt like the end of an era: his melodic, unorthodox bass-playing was in many ways their most definitive element–how could the band survive […]
Peter Hook and The Light Give Details For Live Album Series: Bassist announces tracklists for four concert albums featuring New Order and Joy Division material. Iconic New Order and Joy Division bassist Peter Hook is set to release four-albums of concert recordings on May 5th. The releases (available on CD and for digital download), features Hook and his […]
Listen to New Order Song ‘Plastic’ From New Album: Second Single From ‘Music Complete’ is a club-ready anthem. New Order have just released ‘Plastic’, the second single from their upcoming album ‘Music Complete’ (due out Sept. 25th on Mute Records.) And if their début single ‘Restless’ sounded, well, a tad weak, but ‘Plastic’ (mixed by […]
Joy Division’s Closer Turns 35: the band’s gloomy 1980 swan song still packs an emotional wallop. On July 18th, Closer, Joy Division’s sophomore (and final) studio album celebrates its 35th anniversary. It feels strange to think that an album so influential and contemporary has been around for so long. But then again I can’t believe […]
New Order’s ‘Music Complete’ To Feature Iggy Pop and Brandon Flowers: band ready their first studio album since 2005’s ‘When The Sirens’ Call’. New Order’s upcoming release Music Complete may find them minus founding member and bassist Peter Hook, but they’re bringing in reinforcements to bolster fan morale. The new album (set for release September 25th […]
New Order Sign To Mute Records For New Album Release: band ditches one iconic alternative record label for another. New Order have been working on new music, and have debuted some new songs live. And they announced on Tuesday that they will release a forthcoming album through Mute Records, a label formed in 1978, made famous for synth-pop acts […]
‘Mad World’ Book Review: New Wave fanatics will eat up all the nostalgic tidbits in ‘Mad World: An Oral History of New Wave Artists and Songs That Defined the 1980s’ Both obsessive and casual 1980’s New Wave fans will have much to enjoy with the new book ‘Mad World’ by 80’s veteran music journalists Lori Majewski and Jonathan Bernstein. […]
Poll Results: Top 10 Alternative Rock Bassists As voted for by you! The results for our Best Alternative Rock Bassists Poll are in! I’ve compiled a list of the Top 10. There were several ties; entries 10-8 were tied at 3%, 7-6 at 4% and 5-4 at 5%. For tied entries I listed in reverse alphabetical […]
Vote For Best Bassists in Alternative Rock in our new poll. *POLLS ARE CLOSED: Click here for the results! Update; now go check out our new poll for best alternative rock drummers! Voting ends Sunday May 5th! I’ve made lists of the most underrated vocalists and most underrated guitarists in rock. But is there any […]
Lost Sirens, New Order’s long-awaited release of unused tracks from 2005’s Waiting For The Siren’s Call is finally here. Was it worth the wait? Rating: The members of New Order have been busy bees; the band recently toured the U.S. (which I was lucky enough to see), and former bassist and band co-founder Peter Hook […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...