Crystal Fairy ‘Crystal Fairy’ Review: supergroup featuring members of The Melvins, Le Butcherettes and At-The-Drive-In create a beautiful, bruising noise on hallucinatory self-titled début album. When the news that Le Butcherettes Teri Gender Bender, Melvins’ King Buzzo and Dale Crover and At the Drive-In/Mars Volta’s Omar Rodriguez-Lopez were joining forces for the new group Crystal […]
Teri Gender Bender Talks Debut Album From New Supergroup Crystal Fairy (Le Butcherettes, The Melvins, At-The-Drive-In)
Le Butcherettes’ frontwoman talks Crystal Fairy’s début album featuring The Melvins’ Buzz Osborne and Dale Crover and At The Drive In/Mars Volta’s Omar Rodriguez-Lopez. When Le Butcherettes supported The Melvins on their 2015 tour, vocalist Teri Gender Bender found a kinship between Melvins’ members King Buzzo and Dale Crover. This friendship would result in a split […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Umbrella Mistress’ Review: ORL’s solo deluge continues with this pleasing dash of psychedelia. We’re now five releases into Omar Rodriguez-Lopez’s massive twelve album excavation of previously unreleased solo material, and its been a wild and quirky ride thus far. From the esoteric electronica of Sworn Virgins, the somber acoustic Corazones, the bright indie-pop of Blind […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Arañas en La Sombra’ Review: the fourth in a series of twelve previously unreleased solo efforts will thrill fans of The Mars Volta. This summer, the ever chameleonic Omar Rodriguez-Lopez has opened the vaults on a mountain of previously unreleased material (twelve albums in full, released bi-weekly through December). And so far, its been a wild […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Blind Worms, Pious Swine’ Review: the third (in a series of 12!) solo releases from the ever prolific At The Drive-In, Mars Volta multi-instrumentalist. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Blind Worms, Pious Swine’ marks his third release of 2016, unloading a catalogue of previously unreleased solo material (twelve releases in total). Whereas the first entry ‘Sworn […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Corazones’ Review: musician mourns his mother’s passing in second of solo efforts. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez recent announcement of 12 solo albums for 2016 certainly raised eyebrows. Given his adventurous pedigree, we knew we were in for an unpredictable ride in terms of volume and range of material. And with Corazones (due out on Ipecac July 29th) […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Sworn Virgins’ Review: the first in a cavalcade of solo material is an engaging, genre-defying listen. It’s a good year to be a Omar Rodriguez Lopez fan. In addition to the reformation of At The Drive In, the ever-prolific multi-instrumentalist is unlocking a treasure trove of solo material for 2016. How much you […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Watch The Veldt’s One Day Out of Life Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release July 14, 2017
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...
- A Chaos Fairy: I love This Mortal Coil. Their remake of "Song to...