WTF Did Nine Inch Nails Just Send Me In The Mail? The Physical Component Revealed The physical component for NIN’s ‘Not The Actual Events’ is a mess. Literally. So what does it mean? Last December I eagerly snapped up the new Nine Inch Nails EP Not The Actual Events. When I purchased it off the […]
Albums Revisited: David Bowie’s ‘Earthling’ Turns 20: a look back at Bowie’s underrated electronica excursion on its 20th anniversary. While the late David Bowie is celebrated as a groundbreaking icon, whose strokes of genius stretched far and wide, his 90’s output remains the most underrated and least celebrated work in his catalogue. And while his […]
SLIS’s 16 Best Rock Songs of 2016: the greatest songs got us through a tragic, brutal and bewildering year. Last week we released our list of the best albums of 2016: the discs that soothed and excited us during a very stressful year. But we can’t leave out best rock songs either. The individual sonic […]
Trent Reznor has teased new Nine Inch Nails material for 2016, but many believed the year would end before any new material would hit. Wrong. Reznor, along with collaborator Atticus Ross (now a full-time member) will release a new five-track EP, titled Not the Actual Events, which will be out just in time for Christmas on December […]
Moby & The Void Pacific Choir ‘These Systems Are Failing’ Review: techno pioneer revisits the aggressive sonic approach of underrated 1996 album Animal Rights. Earlier this year, Moby released Long Ambients 1: Calm. Sleep, a dreamy effort (offered as a free download) which saw a return to his ambient electronic roots that begin as far as back […]
Trent Reznor Releases New Song ‘Juno’: the track, recorded with collaborator Atticus Ross, celebrates NASA’s voyage to Jupiter. Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor, along with frequent collaborator Atticus Ross is back with his first new material since the duo’s 2014 score for David Fincher’s Gone Girl. Juno is a tribute to NASA’s recent Juno spacecraft […]
Youth Code ‘Commitment to Complications’ Review: Cali duo resurrect classic industrial with a modern twist. I found myself recently lamenting the current state of industrial music. Why hasn’t one of my favorite genres received a musical revival like so many other 80’s/90’s musical movements? Well thank Satan that I just discovered Youth Code, an L.A. […]
The Black Queen ‘Fever Daydream’ Review: Dillinger Escape Plan frontman indulges his love of gloomy 80’s synth-pop and 90’s ambient textures on electronic project. When I saw Dillinger Escape Plan open for Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden back in 2014, I could’ve sworn frontman Greg Puciato was rocking a New Order T-shirt. Could the singer behind […]
Happy Halloween: Top 20 Scariest Rock Songs: the creepiest tracks of all time-from metal, goth, and more. Whether you’re trying to plan a Halloween Party, or just enjoy being creeped out all on your lonesome, music can be just as terrifying as a horror film. Even in its early days, rock music has always enjoyed a good scare, […]
‘Gone Girl’ Soundtrack Review: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross create a soundscape of beautiful decay. Is Gone Girl, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross’s third soundtrack for director David Fincher their best yet? Well their score for his adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s novel is certainly worthy of that estimation, showing an evolution from earlier scores The Social […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...