Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross channel beautiful decay on new NIN E.P. Trent Reznor is back with Add Violence, the latest Nine Inch Nails release. And the 5 song EP, which follows on the heels of 2016’s Not The Actual Events is an overall solid affair that’s more satisfying […]
WTF Did Nine Inch Nails Just Send Me In The Mail? The Physical Component Revealed The physical component for NIN’s ‘Not The Actual Events’ is a mess. Literally. So what does it mean? Last December I eagerly snapped up the new Nine Inch Nails EP Not The Actual Events. When I purchased it off the […]
Trent Reznor has teased new Nine Inch Nails material for 2016, but many believed the year would end before any new material would hit. Wrong. Reznor, along with collaborator Atticus Ross (now a full-time member) will release a new five-track EP, titled Not the Actual Events, which will be out just in time for Christmas on December […]
20 Years Ago Danzig Made A Techno Album For Disney’s Record Label: remembering Blackacidevil, Glenn Danzig’s lost industrial techno album. When Glenn Danzig parted ways with his “classic lineup” in 1995 (guitarist John Christ, bassist Eerie Von and drummer Chuck Biscuits), it wasn’t on the best of terms. He would also jump ship from Rick Rubin’s American […]
Trent Reznor Releases New Song ‘Juno’: the track, recorded with collaborator Atticus Ross, celebrates NASA’s voyage to Jupiter. Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor, along with frequent collaborator Atticus Ross is back with his first new material since the duo’s 2014 score for David Fincher’s Gone Girl. Juno is a tribute to NASA’s recent Juno spacecraft […]
‘Gone Girl’ Soundtrack Review: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross create a soundscape of beautiful decay. Is Gone Girl, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross’s third soundtrack for director David Fincher their best yet? Well their score for his adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s novel is certainly worthy of that estimation, showing an evolution from earlier scores The Social […]
Trent Reznor Previews ‘Gone Girl’ Soundtrack: Original score to David Fincher film will be released next week. David Fincher’s film adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s ‘Gone Girl’ won’t hit theaters until October 3rd, but you can hear the soundtrack next week. Click here for my soundtrack review. The score, composed by Nine Inch Nails mastermind Trent Reznor and his […]
July 19 marks the 20th anniversary of Marilyn Manson’s ‘Portrait Of An American Family‘. It was the major label début of a band perfectly designed to fill the rock star void of the mid-90’s. After several years of musicians who avoided flashy images and downplayed rock stardom, Manson was the complete opposite. He was ready to take […]
Dave Grohl, Nine Inch Nails and QOTSA To Perform Grammy Finale. Supergroup to be rounded out by Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsay Buckingham. I’ve bemoaned the lack of heavy rock groups at the Grammy’s for years now. But the 2014 Grammy ceremonies have a silver lining; Dave Grohl will lead a supergroup of alternative veterans, including […]
Concert Review: Nine Inch Nails ACL Taping: Trent Reznor’s NIN lights up Austin City Limits Last night I was one of the lucky few who had a chance to catch Nine Inch Nails at their taping for an upcoming episode for Austin City Limits. Attendees were only admitted through online contest giveaways (over 17,000 people […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...