Well the wait is over! The official 2013 Lollapalooza lineup has been announced and it’s making me itch to head back to Chicago. The announcement came earlier than expected due to a leak, but it appears this has been confirmed as the real deal. Headliners include New Order (read my recent album review), the newly […]
Coachella officially release their 2013 lineup and it’s as impressively diverse as past rosters. The California festival will be quite Brit heavy; headliners will include Brit-pop legends Blur, Manchester band The Stone Roses, and other English acts include The XX and New Order (check out my recent reviews of The XX’s Coexist and New Order’s Lost Sirens of both […]
Lost Sirens, New Order’s long-awaited release of unused tracks from 2005’s Waiting For The Siren’s Call is finally here. Was it worth the wait? Rating: The members of New Order have been busy bees; the band recently toured the U.S. (which I was lucky enough to see), and former bassist and band co-founder Peter Hook […]
Concert Review : New Order sound revitalized, even without Peter Hook at their sold out Dallas show. New Order are a band that I’ve always loved ever since high school, but never had a chance to see live..until Friday night. My expectations were muted. Would the band pull it off without bassist Peter Hook (who left after a […]
New Order Plan Fall North American Tour Just discovered via Slicing Up Eyeballs that New Order will be doing their first (albeit brief) North American Tour in 7 years. This is indeed exciting news, but it’s a little bittersweet given that founding member and bassist extraordinaire Peter Hook won’t be in tow as he quit […]
The Ultimate Rock Wedding Playlist *Before you check out this list, you might want to read my instructions on how to build your wedding playlist so that you have everything flow smoothly regarding timing out the selections, etc. Are you stuck for ideas and need some rocking song selections to give your wedding festivities a little […]
Tips For Making A Rocking Wedding Music Playlist *Tips on making a wedding playlist that avoids being generic or groan inducing. Here we’ll cover the process of how to get your selections pre-planned and timed. If you want to see the songs I selected for my own wedding (complete with iTunes links, so you […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Guitarists in Rock Part 3 Okay, so now that you’ve read part 1, and part 2, we just have 15 of the most underrated guitarists in rock to go. If you want to own any of their material, just click ontheir album image to take you to Amazon. Off we […]
Silversun Pickups Neck Of The Woods Review *Silversun Pickups return for their 1st album since 2009. Is it any good? I tend to lament the lack of heavy rock now offered in the 2000’s/2010’s, etc. I vented about this in my first ever blog post. Younger folks may claim that there’s just too much nostalgia […]
Recently, I had the pleasure of watching the film “Drive”. I loved it’s retro feel which hearkened back to the late 70’s/early 80’s feel of Michael Mann’s “Thief” and Walter Hill’s “The Driver”. After watching the film I immediately downloaded the soundtrack. “Drive” is one of those films that is so synonymous with it’s score […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...