Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25: FNM bit the hand that feeds on their groundbreaking 1992 release. June 8th, 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of the release of Angel Dust, Faith No More’s genre-defying, gauntlet throwing follow-up to 1989’s platinum selling album The Real Thing. Click here for The Real Thing Turns 25 […]
Faith No More ‘We Care A Lot’ (Deluxe Band Edition) Review: FNM’s long out-of-print début gets the reissue it deserves. Out of print for 20 years, Faith No More’s début release We Care A Lot is getting a long overdue reissue. Released on Bassist Billy Gould’s Koolarrow Records (due out August 19th),We Care A Lot […]
Albums Revisited: Mr. Bungle’s Self-Titled Debut Turns 25: looking back at one of the strangest albums of a very strange decade on its 25th anniversary. Mr. Bungle changed my life. Mr. Bungle helped me meet my wife. Seriously. Upon meeting her through a friend of a friend, I began my best attempts at making conversation (not […]
Kaada/Patton ‘Bacteria Cult’ Review: Composer/vocalist duo reunite for first studio album in 12 years. The ever prolific Mike Patton has had a packed schedule the past two years: Faith No More returned with their triumphant 2015 reunion album Sol Invictus, and in January he released Nevermen’s début album his collaboration with Doseone, and TV on the Radio’s Tunde Adebimpe […]
Nevermen ‘Nevermen’ Album Review: Long-in-the-works collaboration between Mike Patton, Doseone, and Tunde Adebimpe sounds as wonderfully weird as you’d hope. Supergroups are a curious musical phenomenon. What sounds amazing on paper can become overwhelming upon completion with the “too many cooks” scenario. But the self-titled début from Nevermen, featuring Mike Patton, TV on The Radio’s Tunde Adebimpe and Adam Drucker […]
Happy Halloween: Top 20 Scariest Rock Songs: the creepiest tracks of all time-from metal, goth, and more. Whether you’re trying to plan a Halloween Party, or just enjoy being creeped out all on your lonesome, music can be just as terrifying as a horror film. Even in its early days, rock music has always enjoyed a good scare, […]
Concert Review: Faith No More at Austin Music Hall. Alt-metal pioneers deliver a transcendent, soaring set to a rapt Austin, TX crowd. Faith No More bassist Billy Gould joked to the packed house at Austin Music Hall, that “it’s been like 30, or 25, or 35 years since we’ve been here! How have you been?” […]
Faith No More Albums Ranked From Worst To Best: the ultimate ranking of an “epic” discography. Has there ever been a band as hard to categorize as Faith No More? While they’re best known for their rap-rock hit Epic, that song doesn’t even begin to cover all their other musical tastes. The band have mixed and matched […]
Faith No More’s long-awaited comeback album Sol Invictus has reached wide critical acclaim (including this site) and it’s clear their fan base has been receptive. The band’s first release since 1998 landed at #6 on the American Billboard charts (and $14 on their top 100, #1 on Billboard’s Hard Music and Independent Album charts and #2 on […]
Faith No More ‘Sol Invictus’ Review: Alternative rock iconoclasts return proudly unbowed. To say Faith No More’s comeback album Sol Invictus is highly anticipated is an understatement. It’s their first album in nearly two decades. To put that into perspective, their previous release (1997’s Album of the Year) came out when people still used beepers, and […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...