Concert Review: Depeche Mode at Austin360 Amphitheater: electronic icons thrill the faithful and devoted on a sultry Texas night. It speaks to Depeche Mode’s enduring popularity that even the wide confines of Austin360 seemed barely able to contain their adoring (mostly black-clad) public last night. It was a humid evening, but the group donned the […]
Depeche Mode ‘Spirit’ Review: electronic music icons get political on bleak new album. We are the bigots, we have not evolved/we have no respect, we have lost control. That’s the opening line to Going Backwards, the brooding first track off Depeche Mode’s 14th studio album Spirit. Even for a band known for moodiness, it’s an especially dour starting […]
The Mission ‘Another Fall From Grace’ Review: influential Goth rockers make their finest album since their 80’s heyday. “This album is the lost link between The Sisters Of Mercy’s First And Last And Always and The Mission’s God’s Own Medicine.” That bold statement comes from The Mission’s frontman Wayne Hussey, regarding the band’s new album Another Fall From Grace […]
Albums Revisited: Depeche Mode’s Violator Turns 25: a look at back the 25th anniversary of an album that turned a synth-pop group into an arena rock band. Depeche Mode’s Violator celebrates its 25th anniversary on March 19th. And to fully understand that 1990 album’s definitive impact, one has to rewind the clock back to 1988. The […]
Albums Revisited: Depeche Mode ‘Ultra’ Turns 20. Depeche Mode’s 1997 album has been maligned as one of their weaker releases. It’s time to set the record straight for its 20th anniversary. I saw Depeche Mode in concert last week. The set list was varied (pulling largely from new album Delta Machine) and it was nice to […]
Concert Review: Depeche Mode at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion; Veteran synth-pop act plays a triumphant set to the welcoming Houston crowd. Depeche Mode played to a sold out crowd at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion this Wednesday in Houston, TX (aka The Woodlands). And while both Depeche Mode and the Houston audience were largely middle-aged (myself included) the […]
‘Delta Machine’ Album Review: Depeche Mode add new elements to their patented sound, with mostly winning results. Many Depeche Mode fans (myself included) have been pretty meh with their recent single Heaven. Too slack and straightforward, it doesn’t scratch the right itch. Therefore, I was worried their new album Delta Machine would be a dud. Good thing […]
Stream Depeche Mode’s ‘Delta Machine’ on iTunes before it’s release on March 26th. One week before its release, Depeche Mode are allowing fans a free stream of their new album ‘Delta Machine‘ via iTunes. Click here to listen. The band has been in a flurry of activity in preparing for the release; they’ve appeared on […]
Hear New Depeche Mode song “Heaven” . New album ‘Delta Machine’ arriving in March. I reported last year that Depeche Mode were working on a new album, and previewed a new song entitled “Angel Of Love“. Well now they’ve released a new song; “Heaven“. They’ve also announced a proper release date for their new album, […]
Slicing Up Eyeballs announced that Depeche Mode has released a new song off their upcoming album (due sometime in 2013). You can preview the new track (tentatively called “Angel Of Love“) in the clip below. They also posted an article where band members Dave Gahan and Martin Gore discuss the new album, mentioning it sounds […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- World Destruction: 17 ’80s Songs About Nuclear War August 10, 2017
- 30 Years Later, The Lost Boys Soundtrack Remains A Hot Mess July 30, 2017
- The Church Release New Single ‘Undersea,’ Announce Album Release Date September 8, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Richard Lynn and Ingebrigt Haker Flaten Talk Sonic Transmissions 2017 August 1, 2017
- Concert Review: Dead Cross at Emo’s, Austin August 17, 2017
- Concert Review: Depeche Mode at Austin360 Amphitheater September 21, 2017
- Concert Review: The Church at 3Ten ACL Live September 19, 2017
- The Horrors ‘V’ Review September 19, 2017
- Tombstones in Their Eyes ‘Fear’ Review September 18, 2017
- Chelsea Wolfe ‘Hiss Spun’ Review September 16, 2017
- Gary Numan ‘Savage (Songs from a Broken World)’ Review September 11, 2017
- SLIS: They normally skip Texas so I'm super excited!...
- Remixes Prove ‘Vital’ for Billy Idol: […] do is we knew we had certain songs where...
- A Chaos Fairy: Aww...nobody comes to New Mexico. LOL...
- SLIS: Hi Jeremy! Glad you enjoyed. I really think Season...
- Jeremy Juliano: Very interesting piece, I am going to go back and ...
- SLIS: All great picks! Can't believe those slipped my m...