Albums Revisited: Queens of the Stone Age’s ‘Songs For The Deaf’ Turns 15: looking back on QOTSA’s desert rock opus on its 15th anniversary. Hey alright, it’s Kip Casper Klon radio, L.A.’s infinite repeat How we feeling out there? How’s your drive time commute? I need a saga, what’s the saga? It’s songs for the […]
Mark Lanegan ‘Houston (Publishing Demos 2002)’ Review: former Screaming Trees and QOTSA vocalist unearths previously unreleased solo recordings. The latest release from whiskey voiced troubadour Mark Lanegan is an intriguing look back upon his musical past. Houston (Publishing Demos 2002) contains previously unreleased recordings recorded over a 7-day stretch in the spring of 2002, two years […]
Mark Lanegan Announces New Rarities Release ‘Houston’ (Publishing Demos 2002): August release will focus on previously unreleased solo material. Vocalist Mark Lanegan will release Houston (Publishing Demons 2002), on August, 21st via Ipecac Recordings. The album contains recordings by Lanegan while he was forging a new musical path in the wake of the 2000 breakup […]
Moby ‘Innocents’ Review: Moby collaborates with guest vocalists and new producer on ‘Innocents’. But his stylistic template remains largely unchanged. Moby has had one interesting career path. He started off as a 90’s techno pioneer. But then he broke formula, releasing two albums that merged electronica, punk rock and metal (Everything Is Wrong, Animal Rights.) Neither […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Singers in Rock Part 1 Awhile back I did the Top 15 Lyricists in Alternative Rock. I decided its time to tackle another list, and this time to focus on vocalists. For my money, a great rock vocalist should do any or all of the following; make you feel […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- World Destruction: 17 ’80s Songs About Nuclear War August 10, 2017
- The Church Release New Single ‘Undersea,’ Announce Album Release Date September 8, 2017
- 30 Years Later, The Lost Boys Soundtrack Remains A Hot Mess July 30, 2017
- Richard Lynn and Ingebrigt Haker Flaten Talk Sonic Transmissions 2017 August 1, 2017
- Queens of the Stone Age ‘Villains’ Review August 18, 2017
- Roselit Bone ‘Blister Steel’ Review August 18, 2017
- Concert Review: Depeche Mode at Austin360 Amphitheater September 21, 2017
- Concert Review: The Church at 3Ten ACL Live September 19, 2017
- The Horrors ‘V’ Review September 19, 2017
- Tombstones in Their Eyes ‘Fear’ Review September 18, 2017
- Chelsea Wolfe ‘Hiss Spun’ Review September 16, 2017
- Gary Numan ‘Savage (Songs from a Broken World)’ Review September 11, 2017
- SLIS: They normally skip Texas so I'm super excited!...
- Remixes Prove ‘Vital’ for Billy Idol: […] do is we knew we had certain songs where...
- A Chaos Fairy: Aww...nobody comes to New Mexico. LOL...
- SLIS: Hi Jeremy! Glad you enjoyed. I really think Season...
- Jeremy Juliano: Very interesting piece, I am going to go back and ...
- SLIS: All great picks! Can't believe those slipped my m...