The 17 Most Anticipated Rock Albums of 2017: the albums most likely to get your rocks off this year. After a rocky 2016, we’re off to a fresh start to 2017, but most are expecting an unpredictable, bumpy ride with our current state of affairs. Luckily we’re going to have some badass music to get […]
Slipknot, Marilyn Manson Austin360 Amphitheater Concert Review: sweaty heads banged on a simmering August night. A muggy, August Texas night seemed about right for a Slipknot concert, and the packed crowd of maggots at Austin’s 360 Amphitheater were ready for some bludgeoning. Things kicked off with serviceable metalcore from openers Of Mice and Men, which had […]
SLIS’s 15 Best Rock Albums of 2015: the best metal and alternative rock albums of the year. Last week I covered the 25 best rock songs of 2015, and now it’s time to celebrate the best albums of the year. As always I pride myself on sticking to rock oriented releases in a sea of pop nonsense, […]
SLIS’s 25 Best Rock Songs of 2015: counting down the most rocking tunes of the year. It’s just a few weeks until we say goodbye to 2015 (really?), so that means its time to break our best-of lists, starting off with the best rock tracks of the year. Here’s my favorite 25 from the worlds of alternative, […]
Just a few months after burying the hatchet on a years long feud Billy Corgan and Marilyn Manson have announced a co-headlining tour. The End Times Tour will be in support of Manson’s latest album The Pale Emperor and the Smashing Pumpkin’s 2014 album Monuments to an Elegy. Click here for my Pale Emperor review and […]
Marilyn Manson ‘The Pale Emperor’ Review: the best comeback album in recent memory. Shock rockers have a notoriously short life span..at least musically speaking. Alice Cooper is known as a grand showman, but he peaked musically in his 70’s heyday. Marilyn Manson was his heir apparent, rising meteorically to fame in the 90’s with his nihilistic industrial glam. His […]
Stream Marilyn Manson’s ‘The Pale Emperor’: Manson’s return to form is steaming in full on Soundcloud ahead of it’s January 20th release. Marilyn Manson is streaming his new album The Pale Emperor free in its entirety on Soundcloud. Click here to listen. The album, the shock rocker’s first since 2012’s Born Villain features his first […]
20 Most Anticipated Rock Albums of 2015: 20 must have rock discs for the new year There’s a lot for rock fans to look forward to in 2015. To help with your album hunting needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top 20 discs that should make fans of alternative, metal, goth, electronica and film […]
SLIS’s 30 Best Rock Songs of 2014: the best rock, alternative and metal tunes of the year. Last week I revealed my list of best 2014 albums. But it’s only fair to do a list of best songs too. There were great singles released this year, and given not all albums are created equal, I’ve […]
July 19 marks the 20th anniversary of Marilyn Manson’s ‘Portrait Of An American Family‘. It was the major label début of a band perfectly designed to fill the rock star void of the mid-90’s. After several years of musicians who avoided flashy images and downplayed rock stardom, Manson was the complete opposite. He was ready to take […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...