John Fryer Talks New Black Needle Noise Album ‘Lost in Reflections’: veteran producer discusses new Black Needle Noise album, working with Chrysta Bell and more in our exclusive interview. John Fryer has been a pivotal figure in the evolution of electronic and alternative music. As a producer he’s worked with some of the most pivotal […]
Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review: veteran alternative producer John Fryer creates a haunting, narcotic, sonic tapestry on latest release. John Fryer might not be a household name, but if you’re a fan of electronic music you’ve certainly heard him, and owe him a massive debt of gratitude. The musician/producer has worked with some of the most […]
30 Best Albums Turning 30 in 2017: The Best Albums of 1987–our list of the greatest releases celebrating 30th anniversaries this year. If you had to choose one year in the Reagan era for the best music, you’d be hard pressed to do better than 1987. Something clicked–the mainstream that had been over saturated with […]
Albums Revisited: Daniel Ash’s ‘Coming Down’ at 25: A look back at the 1991 solo album from musician of Love and Rockets/Bauhaus/Tones On Tail fame. By Peter Marks So “This Love” has been in regular rotation at one of the local clubs and everyone around me is loving it as they assume it’s a new […]
Daniel Ash Talks New Album Stripped: musician discusses new album featuring fresh takes on classic tracks from Bauhaus, Love and Rockets and Tones on Tail in our exclusive interview. Daniel Ash has kept quiet the past few years. The former guitarist/vocalist/saxophonist from goth icons Bauhaus, post-punk one-offs Tones and Tail and alternative rock pioneers Love and Rockets has […]
Albums Revisited: ‘Lift’- Sex, Drugs and Love and Rockets. Peter Marks looks back at the post-punk trio’s final album. By Peter Marks The 1990s were not kind to Love and Rockets, though they went into them on top of the world thanks to “So Alive” their subsequent albums were routinely ignored by both the music […]
SLIS’s 2014 New Year’s Eve Party Playlist: our killer mix of vintage and current rocking tunes to celebrate on NYE. I’m having a hard time believing it’s only a few days until 2014’s ass gets hit by the door on its way out, only to be trampled by the arrival of 2015. But time flies as […]
David J Interview: SXSW 2014 and new album ‘An Eclipse of Ships’; post-punk icon discusses 2014 plans and musical legacy. The 2014 SXSW lineup is as impressive as ever, and for post-punk aficionados one name stands out in particular. That would be David J Haskins, former bassist and co-vocalist for Love And Rockets and Goth legends […]
40 Most Underrated Alternative Rock Albums Part 1: Counting down some of the best alt-rock records that never got their due. Declaring an album underrated is always subjective, but it seems Alternative Rock is a genre where some truly great albums often fall through the cracks. The reason is simple; when you have an all umbrella […]
The Ultimate Rock Wedding Playlist *Before you check out this list, you might want to read my instructions on how to build your wedding playlist so that you have everything flow smoothly regarding timing out the selections, etc. Are you stuck for ideas and need some rocking song selections to give your wedding festivities a little […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review July 10, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- John Fryer Talks New Black Needle Noise Album ‘Lost in Reflections’ July 24, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- SLIS: Soused was a crazy album! I forgot Walker was invo...
- SLIS: Thanks! Mayhem is another band I'm not well verse...
- The Mouth: Nor was I. I always loved Motorcycle Emptiness but...
- Kevin: I just listened to "Soused" by Scott Walker &...
- SLIS: @The Mouth: Well, look like I need to revisit the ...
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...