Confrontational ‘A Dance of Shadows’ Review: Italian synth act conjure 80’s neon-noir and horror soundscapes on début album. If I had to pick the most interesting musical genre of the past few years, Synthwave would definitely top the list. Growing up on a steady diet of horror films with slick synth soundtracks, I enjoy seeing […]
John Carpenter ‘Lost Themes’ Review: he’s all out of bubblegum, because this album kicks ass. When filmmaker/composer John Carpenter announced his new album Lost Themes, one assumed it contained unused music from his impressive filmography. When he later clarified it’s actually his first album of non film-related music, it was an equally exciting proposition. But it also begged the […]
7 Best John Carpenter Soundtracks: in anticipation of Carpenter’s new album ‘Lost Themes’, we take a look back at his most iconic synth-laden film scores. John Carpenter has the unique distinction of being one of the best directors and composers of the 70’s and 80’s. His pioneering use of synthesizers to create taut hypnotic tension for his iconic […]
Stream New John Carpenter Track ‘Night’: second track from Lost Themes hearkens back to filmmakers classic horror scores. Director/composer John Carpenter (of Halloween, Escape From New York, and The Thing fame), is streaming his new track Night via Soundcloud, which you can listen to via the embed below. It’s the second track from his upcoming […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- World Destruction: 17 ’80s Songs About Nuclear War August 10, 2017
- The Church Release New Single ‘Undersea,’ Announce Album Release Date September 8, 2017
- 30 Years Later, The Lost Boys Soundtrack Remains A Hot Mess July 30, 2017
- Richard Lynn and Ingebrigt Haker Flaten Talk Sonic Transmissions 2017 August 1, 2017
- Queens of the Stone Age ‘Villains’ Review August 18, 2017
- Roselit Bone ‘Blister Steel’ Review August 18, 2017
- Concert Review: Depeche Mode at Austin360 Amphitheater September 21, 2017
- Concert Review: The Church at 3Ten ACL Live September 19, 2017
- The Horrors ‘V’ Review September 19, 2017
- Tombstones in Their Eyes ‘Fear’ Review September 18, 2017
- Chelsea Wolfe ‘Hiss Spun’ Review September 16, 2017
- Gary Numan ‘Savage (Songs from a Broken World)’ Review September 11, 2017
- SLIS: They normally skip Texas so I'm super excited!...
- Remixes Prove ‘Vital’ for Billy Idol: […] do is we knew we had certain songs where...
- A Chaos Fairy: Aww...nobody comes to New Mexico. LOL...
- SLIS: Hi Jeremy! Glad you enjoyed. I really think Season...
- Jeremy Juliano: Very interesting piece, I am going to go back and ...
- SLIS: All great picks! Can't believe those slipped my m...