Peter Murphy ‘Lion’ Review; melodramatic Goth vocalist roars mightily on his latest release. ‘Lion’, Peter Murphy’s 10th album is produced by Killing Joke bassist Youth, and his influence is front and center on opening track ‘Hang Up.’ Dark electronic beats and skittering guitars send former Bauhaus frontman into abrasive liftoff; his sonorous baritone reduced to a […]
Killing Joke’s Jaz Coleman Disappears After Tirade UPDATED 8/13/12: Well apparently Jaz Coleman has been found alive and well in the Sahara of all places. The Facebook rant against the Cult has yet to be fully explained, but Coleman asserts he was impersonated. But he said they will not be on the tour, which totally […]
Top 40 darkest rock albums Part 2 Off we go with the 2nd installment of my list of the darkest albums ever made. Click here to read Part 1 if you haven’t already, so you can see what you’ve missed. If you want to preview or purchase any of the entries, clicking on the album name […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Guitarists in Rock Part 3 Okay, so now that you’ve read part 1, and part 2, we just have 15 of the most underrated guitarists in rock to go. If you want to own any of their material, just click ontheir album image to take you to Amazon. Off we […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Singers in Rock Part 1 Awhile back I did the Top 15 Lyricists in Alternative Rock. I decided its time to tackle another list, and this time to focus on vocalists. For my money, a great rock vocalist should do any or all of the following; make you feel […]
Killing Joke MMXII Album Review Killing Joke is that rare band that seems to get better as they age. They never seem complacent and still have energy and vigor to spare, unlike many artists who tend to phone it in after losing their focus and initial success. Their unique sonic stew, a mix of […]
Prong Carved Into Stone Review: It’s been almost 6 years since we last heard from Prong. Guest duties in Ministry and Danzig have preoccupied frontman and lead guitarist Tommy Victor and sidelined his labor of love, but now they return with their new album ‘Carved Into Stone’ (out April 24th on Steamhammer/SPV Records). I’m a […]
Ah, the Mix-tape: We don’t think much about cassettes anymore. They were inherently a horrible medium for sound quality. Every time you played one you’d get audio loss, eventually warped sound, or in the worst case, a snapped ribbon of tape meaning one more piece of plastic chucked in the trash, resting in a landfill […]
Killing Joke 2012 Album preview: Update:* I’ve recently posted a review of this album. Check it out here. It’s rare that a band more than 30 years into their career creates new material that is as strong as their initial work, but Killing Joke still appears to be firing on all cylinders. One of the […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...