Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review: Tommy Victor and co. continue their workaholic output on angst ridden new release. Prong have been on a prolific streak in the 2010’s. In the past 6 years, the metal veterans have released no less than four albums (including last year’s superb effort X (No Absolutes). And now the group, led […]
J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’: guitarist recalls recording and touring behind band’s breakout album. March 31st marked the 25th anniversary of White Zombie’s La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1. It was the album that broke them into the mainstream–a combination of groove metal, industrial and alternative rock saturated with B-movie film quotes and […]
The Jesus and Mary Chain ‘Damage and Joy’ Review: the Reid brother’s successfully reconjure their signature sound on long-awaited reunion disc. Tryna win your interest back/But you ain’t having none of that/You’re just like a ship in a bottle/Kiss today but fuck tomorrow/I don’t know, I guess that we’re all through. That’s the opening verse from […]
Listen to new Jesus and Mary Chain Song ‘Amputation’: listen to first single off of Damage and Joy, the band’s first new album in 18 years. Scottish noise gods The Jesus and Mary Chain ave been teasing new material for awhile now, and Creation Record’s head honcho Alan McGee predicted we’d have new music by […]
Red Fang ‘Only Ghosts’ Review: West coast metal act rock with refined fury on new Ross Robinson produced release. Portland, Oregon’s Red Fang have carved their own distinct hybrid of metal: a healthy mix of sludge and stoner with a dash of heavy 90s-era alternative rock thrown in for good measure. And their latest release, Only […]
Prong ‘X – No Absolutes’ Review: genre-bending metal act produce their most diverse album yet. Between 2012’s Carved in Stone, 2014’s Ruining Lives and last year’s eclectic covers album Songs From The Black Hole, Prong have been on an inspired creative path as of late. And now the trio (led by founding vocalist/guitarist Tommy Victor) return with X – No Absolutes, […]
Prong’s Tommy Victor Talks New Album ‘X – No Absolutes’: band’s frontman gives the scoop behind the metal act’s 12th studio album in our exclusive interview. Following on the heels of 2014’s Songs From The Black Hole, veteran metallers Prong return with their latest album X – No Absolutes (due out February 5th via Steamhammer/SPV). Click here […]
SLIS’s 25 Best Rock Songs of 2015: counting down the most rocking tunes of the year. It’s just a few weeks until we say goodbye to 2015 (really?), so that means its time to break our best-of lists, starting off with the best rock tracks of the year. Here’s my favorite 25 from the worlds of alternative, […]
Killing Joke ‘Pylon’ Review: Post-punk icons return to ward off the apocalypse with ass-kicking results. It seems counterintuitive that a band nearly 40 years in their career sound as angry and passionate as a one in their twenties, but that’s Killing Joke for you. They continually defy nature and expectations, refusing to mellow with age or tone down their […]
Killing Joke Release New ‘Pylon’ Track ‘I Am The Virus’: Proto-industrial legends release first track from upcoming 15th studio album. Veteran Post-punk rockers Killing Joke have just released I Am The Virus the first official single from their forthcoming album Pylon. Check out the video (with lyrics) via YouTube below. The band also announced the […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...