The Jesus and Mary Chain ‘Damage and Joy’ Review: the Reid brother’s successfully reconjure their signature sound on long-awaited reunion disc. Tryna win your interest back/But you ain’t having none of that/You’re just like a ship in a bottle/Kiss today but fuck tomorrow/I don’t know, I guess that we’re all through. That’s the opening verse from […]
Listen to new Jesus and Mary Chain Song ‘Amputation’: listen to first single off of Damage and Joy, the band’s first new album in 18 years. Scottish noise gods The Jesus and Mary Chain ave been teasing new material for awhile now, and Creation Record’s head honcho Alan McGee predicted we’d have new music by […]
Red Fang ‘Only Ghosts’ Review: West coast metal act rock with refined fury on new Ross Robinson produced release. Portland, Oregon’s Red Fang have carved their own distinct hybrid of metal: a healthy mix of sludge and stoner with a dash of heavy 90s-era alternative rock thrown in for good measure. And their latest release, Only […]
Prong ‘X – No Absolutes’ Review: genre-bending metal act produce their most diverse album yet. Between 2012’s Carved in Stone, 2014’s Ruining Lives and last year’s eclectic covers album Songs From The Black Hole, Prong have been on an inspired creative path as of late. And now the trio (led by founding vocalist/guitarist Tommy Victor) return with X – No Absolutes, […]
Prong’s Tommy Victor Talks New Album ‘X – No Absolutes’: band’s frontman gives the scoop behind the metal act’s 12th studio album in our exclusive interview. Following on the heels of 2014’s Songs From The Black Hole, veteran metallers Prong return with their latest album X – No Absolutes (due out February 5th via Steamhammer/SPV). Click here […]
SLIS’s 25 Best Rock Songs of 2015: counting down the most rocking tunes of the year. It’s just a few weeks until we say goodbye to 2015 (really?), so that means its time to break our best-of lists, starting off with the best rock tracks of the year. Here’s my favorite 25 from the worlds of alternative, […]
Killing Joke ‘Pylon’ Review: Post-punk icons return to ward off the apocalypse with ass-kicking results. It seems counterintuitive that a band nearly 40 years in their career sound as angry and passionate as a one in their twenties, but that’s Killing Joke for you. They continually defy nature and expectations, refusing to mellow with age or tone down their […]
Killing Joke Release New ‘Pylon’ Track ‘I Am The Virus’: Proto-industrial legends release first track from upcoming 15th studio album. Veteran Post-punk rockers Killing Joke have just released I Am The Virus the first official single from their forthcoming album Pylon. Check out the video (with lyrics) via YouTube below. The band also announced the […]
Prong-Songs From The Black Hole Review: Prong crafts a unique and entertaining collection of songs that honor their hardcore influences. Prong have been on a roll. In the past three years they’ve released two acclaimed albums (the most recent being 2014’s Ruining Lives), proving that founding member-guitarist/vocalist Tommy Victor isn’t resting on his laurels. He’s made […]
SLIS’s 2014 New Year’s Eve Party Playlist: our killer mix of vintage and current rocking tunes to celebrate on NYE. I’m having a hard time believing it’s only a few days until 2014’s ass gets hit by the door on its way out, only to be trampled by the arrival of 2015. But time flies as […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...