Iggy Pop ‘Post Pop Depression’ Review: Pop and Homme join forces for a suitably strange, if overly restrained affair. It’s been a grim few months for rock music given the deaths of Lemmy, Frey, Emerson, and (most seismically) David Bowie. And while still alive and kicking, Iggy Pop is confronting his own mortality. His new […]
Josh Homme and Iggy Pop Announce New Album ‘Post Pop Depression’: duo reveal secret album and forthcoming tour. Mutual fans of Queens of The Stone Age and Iggy Pop get ready to freak: the two have just revealed ‘Post Pop Depression’, their forthcoming album (due out March 18th via Loma Vista) that was made in utmost […]
Mark Lanegan ‘Houston (Publishing Demos 2002)’ Review: former Screaming Trees and QOTSA vocalist unearths previously unreleased solo recordings. The latest release from whiskey voiced troubadour Mark Lanegan is an intriguing look back upon his musical past. Houston (Publishing Demos 2002) contains previously unreleased recordings recorded over a 7-day stretch in the spring of 2002, two years […]
Eagles of Death Metal Release New Song ‘Complexity’: John Homme marks return to side project with new track ‘Complexity’. Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme surprised Eagles of Death Metal fans by popping up onstage at a gig in Paris last week. And now his return to his side project is complete: today the group […]
Queens Of The Stone Age ‘Rated R’ Turns 15- looking back on a a feel-good summer hit on its 15th anniversary. June 6, 2015 marks the 15th anniversary of QOTSA’s sophomore album Rated R, a disc that broke the band worldwide, and made them the première rock act for those of discerning tastes. Co-produced by frontman […]
Queens Of The Stone Age Majestic Theatre Concert Review: Josh Homme and co deliver an incendiary set on a cold Texas night at the San Antonio Majestic Theater. Don’t get the wrong impression of Queens Of The Stone Age frontman Josh Homme. Despite his recent (and past issues) with unruly concert-goers, he still wants you […]
Dave Grohl, Nine Inch Nails and QOTSA To Perform Grammy Finale. Supergroup to be rounded out by Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsay Buckingham. I’ve bemoaned the lack of heavy rock groups at the Grammy’s for years now. But the 2014 Grammy ceremonies have a silver lining; Dave Grohl will lead a supergroup of alternative veterans, including […]
Vista Chino ‘Peace’ Review: Former members of Kyuss rock on as Vista Chino. And they make a pretty good case for stoner rock minus Josh Homme. Unless your name is Josh Homme, being a member of stoner rock legends Kyuss hasn’t been easy lately. The band was continuing as Kyuss Lives, but Homme slapped them with […]
An intoxicating work that defies expectations, ‘Like Clockwork’ is the feel weird hit of the summer, showcasing Queens Of The Stone Age band leader Josh Homme’s dark side. When Dave Grohl confirmed his drumming on the new Queens Of The Stone Age album, fans got excited. But he tempered expectations: The Queens record’s pretty great, man. It’ll […]
Queens Of The Stone Age Stream ‘Like Clockwork’ before its release next week via Mammoth Records. UPDATED: Click here for my “…Like Clockwork”Review. Today Queens Of The Stone Age announced they’ll be streaming their new album “Like Clockwork,” in full on iTunes one week before it’s release on June Fourth. The stream will begin tomorrow, May 28th. Love Queens Of […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...