7 Best John Carpenter Soundtracks: in anticipation of Carpenter’s new album ‘Lost Themes’, we take a look back at his most iconic synth-laden film scores. John Carpenter has the unique distinction of being one of the best directors and composers of the 70’s and 80’s. His pioneering use of synthesizers to create taut hypnotic tension for his iconic […]
Stream New John Carpenter Track ‘Night’: second track from Lost Themes hearkens back to filmmakers classic horror scores. Director/composer John Carpenter (of Halloween, Escape From New York, and The Thing fame), is streaming his new track Night via Soundcloud, which you can listen to via the embed below. It’s the second track from his upcoming […]
20 Most Anticipated Rock Albums of 2015: 20 must have rock discs for the new year There’s a lot for rock fans to look forward to in 2015. To help with your album hunting needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top 20 discs that should make fans of alternative, metal, goth, electronica and film […]
John Carpenter Releases ‘Vortex’ From ‘Lost Themes’ Album: horror director and composer teases fans with new track from forthcoming Lost Themes Album Earlier this month, director/composer John Carpenter appeared at L.A.’s Beyond Festival, where he and Jamie Lee Curtis hosted a screening of his influential horror classic Halloween. Afterwards, the duo did an audience Q&A, […]
Top 20 Best Horror Movie Scores: Counting down the scariest soundtracks of all time. When one thinks of a classic horror movie, it’s usually accompanied by a sonic mental cue. Because a great musical score is a vital component in cinema, especially when it comes to horror flicks. A taut score escalates tension, and a sharp […]
Album Review: Kavinsky ‘Outrun’; Kavinsky crafts a synth-driven soundtrack to the coolest 80’s movie that doesn’t exist (except in his head). French electronic artist Kavinsky’s previous claim to fame was ‘Nightcall’, the haunting synth-pop track which was featured on the ‘Drive’ Soundtrack (which made our list of Best Movie Soundtracks Of All Time). That soundtrack perfectly captured […]
Dissecting what makes John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ an enduring classic and the best horror movie of all time. I remember my Dad letting me stay up late when I was 11 and we watched ‘Halloween‘ on cable in the early 80’s. I was hooked. And I wasn’t alone. ‘Halloween‘ was a massive hit and for many […]
Welcome to The 30 Most Underrated Movies Of All Time Part 2. Be sure to check out Part 1 of the series if you haven’t done so already to see what other underrated films you’ve missed. If you’d like to add any of these DVD/Blu-Rays to your collection, just click on the image to go to […]
Okay, so we’re in the final stretch of the best film soundtracks of all time. Assuming, you’ve read the 1st 2 entries (which you recap here and here), then off we go. And remember any click on image will take you to Amazon if you’re looking to add one to your collection. These to […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...