Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross channel beautiful decay on new NIN E.P. Trent Reznor is back with Add Violence, the latest Nine Inch Nails release. And the 5 song EP, which follows on the heels of 2016’s Not The Actual Events is an overall solid affair that’s more satisfying […]
Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated Non-Zombie Films: the late filmmaker will forever be linked to his iconic zombie series, but here are some other works from his filmography that also deserve your attention. The late George Romero (who died this past Sunday at the age of 77) made zombies hip. The filmmaker took a horror sub-genre […]
Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today–and flopped. Sometimes both critics and audiences can be stupid. A look back on two of the best science fiction films of all time. On June 25th, 1982, two of my all time favorite films were released. In one corner: Blade Runner–Ridley Scott’s visionary […]
SLIS’s 16 Best Albums of 2016: The best alternative, metal, and electronic releases of a brutal year. Good grief 2016 may go down in history as one of the most depressing and exhausting years ever. It was politically soul-sucking, full of heartbreak, including a ton of musical greats who we lost along the way. Luckily, […]
Director Mike Schiff Talks New Documentary ‘The History of Metal and Horror’: filmmaker discusses upcoming doc featuring interviews with genre heavyweights. If you’re into heavy metal and horror music, odds are you’re aware of the upcoming documentary The History of Metal and Horror…and for those who aren’t, listen up: the film will cover why heavy […]
Confrontational ‘Kingdom of Night’ Review: some spooky tunes perfect for your 2016 Halloween festivities. October is the month we all should indulge in our darker side. And along with a healthy diet of horror movies, there’s also plenty of music to go along with your trick of treating. And there are two recent releases that […]
Richard Christy Talks New Charred Walls of The Damned Album ‘Creatures Watching Over the Dead’: veteran metal drummer discusses latest release in exclusive interview. September 23rd will see the release of Creatures Watching Over The Dead (Metal Blade Records), the third studio album from metal supergroup Charred Walls of The Damned. The group is the brainchild […]
11 Soundtracks Fans of the ‘Stranger Things’ Score Should Hear: Love the soundtrack to Netflix’s sci-fi/horror hit? Here’s eleven more synth-driven scores you should check out next. It’s safe to say that Stranger Things is the pop-culture phenomenon of the year. The Netflix original series (created by identical twin creative team The Duffer Brothers) is a […]
Movies Revisited: ‘Big Trouble In Little China’ Turns 30: Celebrating John Carpenter’s oddball martial arts opus on its 30th anniversary. When some wild-eyed eight foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar-room wall, and he looks ya crooked in the eye and he asks you if you’ve […]
Primavera Sound 2016 Lineup Announced: Barcelona held festival continues to astound with impressive roster-headliners include Radiohead, Sigur Ros and LCD Soundsystem. Primavera Sound announced their official 2016 lineup today, and as in past years, they continue to wow with a stellar array of talent. Headliners this year include Radiohead, the newly reunited LCD Soundsystem, and Sigur […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...