Album Review: Iggy And The Stooges ‘Ready To Die.’ Iggy and co. do a do-over from the disastrous ‘The Weirdness.’ Mission partly accomplished. The Stooges 2007 release ‘The Weirdness‘ remains one of the worst comeback albums ever. It got terrible reviews and espoused the old adage that ‘you can’t go home again.’ But Iggy Pop […]
Stream New Iggy and The Stooges Album ‘Ready To Die’, their first album since 2007’s disappointing comeback album ‘The Weirdness.’ Iggy and The Stooges aren’t releasing their new album ‘Ready To Die‘ on April 30th (on Fat Possum Records), but they’re giving fans an advance stream courtesy of NPR’s website. Click here to listen. By most […]
Concert Review: Riot Fest Chicago Day 3. The Stooges rock the Windy City. I had a great time in Chicago. Visited some old friends, ate some great food and topped it off by going to Riot Fest Day 3 in Chicago’s Humboldt Park to check out Jesus & Mary Chain and Iggy & The Stooges. These […]
Welcome aboard to The 70 Most Underrated Guitar Riffs Of All Time Part 1. Recently I did a list of Most Underrated Guitarists. But what about underrated riffs? That hook that goes beyond basic chords and is as memorable as the vocal melody? Not all songs need a great riff, but the best ones usually do. Classic riffs are easy to […]
Top 40 darkest rock albums Part 2 Off we go with the 2nd installment of my list of the darkest albums ever made. Click here to read Part 1 if you haven’t already, so you can see what you’ve missed. If you want to preview or purchase any of the entries, clicking on the album name […]
Is the concept of selling out past its sell by date? Recently I saw a Gucci ad which uses Depeche Mode’s ‘Strangelove’ in its campaign ad. And during the Super Bowl, millions heard the mash-up of the Cult’s ‘She Sells Sanctuary” and Flo-Rida’s “Good Feeling” during a Miller Lite ad. Most people in my age […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Watch The Veldt’s One Day Out of Life Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release July 14, 2017
- The Melvins ‘A Walk With Love and Death’ Review July 10, 2017
- Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review July 10, 2017
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...
- A Chaos Fairy: I love This Mortal Coil. Their remake of "Song to...