John Garcia Talks New Acoustic Solo Album The Coyote Who Spoke In Tongues: ex-Kyuss frontman discusses new solo album in our exclusive interview. John Garcia is a stoner metal (or desert rock, depending on your preference) icon, fronting the landmark group Kyuss along with other acts including Unida, Slo-burn, Hermano and Vista Chino. But lately, the […]
SXSW 2016 Interview: The Cult’s Billy Duffy Talks New Album Hidden City The Cult are back with Hidden City, their first album in four years. The release shows the band exploring more subtle and atmospheric elements, culminating in one of their most varied efforts to date. Guitarist Billy Duffy’s simmering riffs, always a highlight of […]
The Cult Announce New Album ‘Hidden City’, Release New Song ‘Dark Energy.’ Band’s 10th studio release due early February. British Alt-rock veterans The Cult will release their new album ‘Hidden City’ on February, 5th 2016. The release will be their tenth studio album, and the fifth with longtime producer Bob Rock. They’re streaming the first single […]
Albums Revisited: The Cult’s ‘Love’ Turns 30: A look back at the breakthrough album that shaped the future of alternative rock on its 30th anniversary. By the mid 80’s, rock music had become a fractured beast: the sub-genres of glam metal, thrash, New Wave, Goth, college rock, etc, had created a confusing subculture of musical cliques. Macho hair […]
Albums Revisited: The Cult’s ‘Sonic Temple’ Turns 25. It was the album that made the Cult megastars, but it almost did them in. Last year the Cult embarked on the Electric 13 tour, where they played their rough-edged 1987 classic rock opus from start to finish. Click here for my Electric 13 Concert Tour Review […]
The Cult turn in an electrifying ‘Electric 13’ set at ACL Live. The Cult’s ACL Live gig started on a tense note. Opening band White Hill’s meandering psych-rock went over like a lead balloon. The crowd wasn’t having it (although a drunk middle-aged dude kept yelling for the female bassist to “take off your top!” Classy.) After The […]
RIP Ray Manzarek; Enjoy in remembrance our mix of some of his best tracks with The Doors, his solo work, collaborations, and covers. In a year that’s already seen many musical titans pass, we’ve lost another legend, and that’s the late Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek, who passed away from cancer on May 20th at 74 […]
The Cult to announce 2013 tour dates on Monday; will perform their hit 1987 “Electric” album in its entirety. **UPDATED! Click here for my Concert Review of the Austin ACL Live show. In 2009 The Cult did the “Love Live” tour, where the band played their 80’s goth opus “Love” in its entirety, rewarding fans […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Singers in Rock Part 3 Okay, here we are for the last installment of the 40 vocalists that deserve far more credit then they’ve been given by the music industry at large. If you missed part 1 & 2 , catch up here and here. I’ll have YouTube links to […]
The Cult Choice Of Weapon Album Review The Cult return after 6 years with their new album. How does it stack up against their back catalogue? Before I begin this review, let me state that I’m not a casual Cult fan, but a diehard devotee. So to see how this may color my […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...