The Afghan Whigs ‘In Spades’ Review: The Whigs expand their nocturnal, cinematic sound on their latest release. Five years after their reunion and three years after their comeback album Do To The Beast, Cincinnati alt-soul titans The Afghan Whigs return with In Spades (out May 5th on Sub Pop Records), an album that builds upon the […]
Mark Lanegan Announces New Rarities Release ‘Houston’ (Publishing Demos 2002): August release will focus on previously unreleased solo material. Vocalist Mark Lanegan will release Houston (Publishing Demons 2002), on August, 21st via Ipecac Recordings. The album contains recordings by Lanegan while he was forging a new musical path in the wake of the 2000 breakup […]
Afghan Whigs Announce ‘Gentlemen’ 21st Anniversary Reissue: Group’s seminal album gets deluxe release from Rhino Records with ‘Gentleman at 21’. It’s been a big year for the Afghan Whigs. They released their excellent comeback album Do To The Beast and played a killer Coachella set. Their U.S. tour kicks off on Wednesday. And today they revealed they’re releasing […]
Afghan Whigs ‘Do To The Beast’ Review: Cincinnati alt-rockers return with a more polished version of their gritty soul-rock swagger. If they’ve seen it all, show them something new. That’s vocalist Greg Dulli’s appropriate opening salvo on Parked Outside, the first track off Do To The Beast, the first new Afghan Whigs album in 16 […]
Listen To New Afghan Whigs Song ‘The Lottery’; the second single from upcoming new album ‘Do To The Beast’ hearkens to their early work. The Afghan Whigs and SubPop records have released the second track for their upcoming comeback album ‘Do To The Beast’ (due for release April 15th). Whereas the previous track ‘Algiers’ had […]
Afghan Whigs Debut ‘Algiers’ Video, Announce North American Tour Dates. Last month, Ohio alternative legends The Afghan Whigs announced (by way of Breaking Bad’s Bob Odenkirk) the upcoming April release of Do To The Beast, their first new album in 16 years. To whet fan’s appetites for the new album, today the band debuted Algiers, […]
Afghan Whigs Announce New Album ‘Do To The Beast’: upcoming release will be the band’s first album in 16 years. Ever since the Afghan Whigs got back together; fans have had one burning question; is there a new album on the horizon? Over the weekend, Breaking Bad actor Bob Odenkirk tweeted a picture of himself and […]
Steve Kilbey is one of the most prolific songwriters in rock. Through his work with seminal Aussie alternative band The Church, his solo projects and various collaborations, the man has been a flurry of activity. He recently released “The Idyllist“, an excellent solo album that showcases his versatility and clever lyrical gifts (click here for my […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...