The Horrors ‘V’ Review The Horrors have evolved more distinctly than perhaps any other 21st century band. They started off as horror punks (2007’s Strange House), then went into mad scientist mode, offering a mix of goth, shoegaze, and Britpop on releases like 2009’s Primary Colours and 2011’s Skying that wowed critics and cultivated a devoted following. The […]
Gary Numan ‘Savage (Songs from a Broken World)’ Review: Electronic music pioneer gets political on dark, majestic release. New Wave icon Gary Numan has never shied away from dark concept albums about future dystopian nightmares. But his latest release, Savage (Songs from a Broken World), feels more contemporary than ever. And that’s entirely intentional. According to […]
Moby & The Void Pacific Choir ‘These Systems Are Failing’ Review: techno pioneer revisits the aggressive sonic approach of underrated 1996 album Animal Rights. Earlier this year, Moby released Long Ambients 1: Calm. Sleep, a dreamy effort (offered as a free download) which saw a return to his ambient electronic roots that begin as far as back […]
The Mission ‘Another Fall From Grace’ Review: influential Goth rockers make their finest album since their 80’s heyday. “This album is the lost link between The Sisters Of Mercy’s First And Last And Always and The Mission’s God’s Own Medicine.” That bold statement comes from The Mission’s frontman Wayne Hussey, regarding the band’s new album Another Fall From Grace […]
MGT ‘Volumes’ Review: journeyman guitarist Mark Gemini Thwaite shows off his multi-faceted chops on album featuring notable alt-rock collaborators. Mark Gemini Thwaite may not be a household name. But if you’re a fan of industrial, Goth and alternative rock, you’ve more than likely heard his work at some point. Over his varied career, the guitarist has played […]
Gary Numan SXSW 2014 Review: New Wave pioneer delivers a short but sweet set of dark industrial swagger at Buffalo Billiard’s. One of the most anticipated acts for SXSW 2014, Gary Numan’s been a busy bee this week, playing several sets over the course of the festival. Click here for my list of Top 10 acts […]
Gary Numan Announces 2014 U.S. Tour: Synth rock pioneer readies North American tour in support of new album Splinter: Songs For A Broken Mind, including an appearance at SXSW. Following great press and public reception for his new album Splinter: Songs From A Broken Mind, electronic music legend Gary Numan has announced world tour dates, […]
Gary Numan ‘Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)’ Review: The progenitor of electronic rock makes a killer comeback. Gary Numan is one of the godfathers of electronic music. But like many pioneers, he’s more revered by musicians than the public at large, the exception being Numan’s new wave megahit Cars. But his influence on electronica […]
Gary Numan Releases New Single ‘I Am Dust’, discusses new album details. Electronic music pioneer Gary Numan just released a new single ‘I Am Dust.‘ It’s from the upcoming, long in the works album ‘Splinter’ which will be released October 14th. Listen to it below: In an interview with Stereogum, Numan discussed the album’s difficult […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- World Destruction: 17 ’80s Songs About Nuclear War August 10, 2017
- The Church Release New Single ‘Undersea,’ Announce Album Release Date September 8, 2017
- 30 Years Later, The Lost Boys Soundtrack Remains A Hot Mess July 30, 2017
- Richard Lynn and Ingebrigt Haker Flaten Talk Sonic Transmissions 2017 August 1, 2017
- Queens of the Stone Age ‘Villains’ Review August 18, 2017
- Roselit Bone ‘Blister Steel’ Review August 18, 2017
- Concert Review: Depeche Mode at Austin360 Amphitheater September 21, 2017
- Concert Review: The Church at 3Ten ACL Live September 19, 2017
- The Horrors ‘V’ Review September 19, 2017
- Tombstones in Their Eyes ‘Fear’ Review September 18, 2017
- Chelsea Wolfe ‘Hiss Spun’ Review September 16, 2017
- Gary Numan ‘Savage (Songs from a Broken World)’ Review September 11, 2017
- SLIS: They normally skip Texas so I'm super excited!...
- Remixes Prove ‘Vital’ for Billy Idol: […] do is we knew we had certain songs where...
- A Chaos Fairy: Aww...nobody comes to New Mexico. LOL...
- SLIS: Hi Jeremy! Glad you enjoyed. I really think Season...
- Jeremy Juliano: Very interesting piece, I am going to go back and ...
- SLIS: All great picks! Can't believe those slipped my m...