The 13 Lamest Comic Book Characters I recently posted about why Batman’s the best superhero ever (check it out here). He is of course, one of many awesome comic characters, from the most well-known, to what’s referred to in comic geek circles as second tier characters (Daredevil or Green Arrow come to mind), or third […]
Why Batman is the Best Superhero Ever Millions are impatiently waiting for “Dark Knight Rises.” But none more than me, a person obsessed with all things Batman ever since I was a small child. For me, he’ll always be the best superhero. So I got to thinking; why have I been so fixated on […]
Top 40 Darkest Rock Albums Part 4 *Before reading make sure you’ve checked out part 1, part 2 ,and part 3 to see what you may have missed. Okay here we are for the final installment of the Darkest Rock Albums. We have just 10 more to go! If you want any of these in your […]
Fun Fun Fun Fest 2012 Lineup Announced After weeks of speculation, the Fun Fun Fun Fest 2012 lineup has been announced, and like years past it looks like a good one. With a diverse bill that includes everyone from iconic hip hop acts like Run DMC and De La Soul, post punk stalwarts PiL (let’s hope […]
Top 40 Darkest Rock Albums Part 3 Well here we are for the third installment of the darkest rock albums. Click here to read Part 1 and Click here for Part 2 so you can see what we’ve covered thus far. As always, clicking on the album name in blue will take you to iTunes […]
Top 40 darkest rock albums Part 2 Off we go with the 2nd installment of my list of the darkest albums ever made. Click here to read Part 1 if you haven’t already, so you can see what you’ve missed. If you want to preview or purchase any of the entries, clicking on the album name […]
Top 40 Darkest Rock Albums Part 1 I guess it’s the unrelenting summer heat and sunshine that’s making me crave some dark music. Or maybe it’s just because I’m a grumpy soul. But there’s something deeply satisfying in a work of tortured genius; they seem to stick with you more than breezy pop fluff. What […]
Album Review: Snailface I and II As mentioned in my first ever blog post, I think modern-day rock is in pretty crappy shape. Sure there are some good new bands out there in the mellower vein, but as far as heavy riffing with groove, it’s in short supply. But as my friends point out, it’s […]
Top 20 Best Twilight Zone Episodes Part 2 Okay, so here we are for 2nd installment of the Top 20 Best Twilight Zone episodes. Before reading be sure to read Part 1 of the series, to see what you missed. In the words of Rod Serling: “Submitted for your approval”…: 12. “To Serve Man” An Alien ship […]
Is the concept of selling out past its sell by date? Recently I saw a Gucci ad which uses Depeche Mode’s ‘Strangelove’ in its campaign ad. And during the Super Bowl, millions heard the mash-up of the Cult’s ‘She Sells Sanctuary” and Flo-Rida’s “Good Feeling” during a Miller Lite ad. Most people in my age […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...