Danzig ‘Black Laden Crown’ Review: Danzig returns with his first album of original material since 2010’s ‘Deth Red Sabaoth.’ Its been awhile since we’ve heard new music from Danzig: while his covers album Skeletons came out in 2015, he hasn’t released any original music since 2010’s Deth Red Sabaoath. But that’s about to change with the […]
20 Best Chris Cornell Deep Cuts and Underrated Songs: remembering the late singer’s rich and varied back catalogue. As we continue to mourn Chris Cornell’s death, it’s easy to dwell on the morbid, but one thing that will alway burn bright and live on is his impressive body of work. And it’s not just […]
In Selfish Mourning of Chris Cornell: Our own David Dierksen mourns a grunge icon. By David Dierksen Chris Cornell is dead, and I’m not sure there’s much I can add to the conversation that hasn’t been said. We’re all confused as to how this could happen, and maybe details will come to light, maybe they […]
For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad: Soundgarden frontman’s death at 52 hits a tragic, yet familiar, nerve. I did not want to wake up hearing that Chris Cornell, one of the best singers of my generation has died. It didn’t seem real at first–but these things never do. It’s become a chilling, […]
The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: ranking their sprawling, ambitious 1987 double album from worst to best. May 25th marks the 30th anniversary (30!!) of The Cure’s double album Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me (this is a big month for Cure milestones: Wish and Pornography turned 25 and 35 respectively). […]
Slowdive ‘Slowdive’ Review: reunited Brit shoegazers craft the rare comeback album that doesn’t disappoint. Shoegaze has come back with a vengeance the past few years, with new albums from My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Lush, and The Veldt (to name but a few). And now Slowdive return with Slowdive, their first new album […]
The Afghan Whigs ‘In Spades’ Review: The Whigs expand their nocturnal, cinematic sound on their latest release. Five years after their reunion and three years after their comeback album Do To The Beast, Cincinnati alt-soul titans The Afghan Whigs return with In Spades (out May 5th on Sub Pop Records), an album that builds upon the […]
Concert Review: A Perfect Circle at HEB Center: reconstituted alt-rock veterans cranked out an elegant, atmospheric set in Austin, TX. It’s been six years since A Perfect Circle toured North America, and nearly 14 years since their last album. But as their well received, stellar set at Austin/Cedar Park’s HEB Center proved, absence has only made the heart […]
Book Review: The Official DC Super Hero Joke Book: Downtown Bookworks humorous collection will appeal to DC Comics fans of all generations. How did Aquaman ask out Mera on their first date? “Water you doing Friday night?” What happened when Batman was late to play baseball with Robin? There was a Wayne delay. If you […]
Listen To The Veldt’s New 7″ Single ‘Symmetry/Slow Grind’: New 7-inch single will be released for Record Day 2017. Following on the success of their acclaimed 2016 EP The Shocking Fuzz of Your Electric Fur: The Drake Equation, shoegaze pioneers The Veldt return with a Symmetry/Slow Grind, a 7″ single that will be released for Record Store Day 2017 […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...