John Fryer Talks New Black Needle Noise Album ‘Lost in Reflections’: veteran producer discusses new Black Needle Noise album, working with Chrysta Bell and more in our exclusive interview. John Fryer has been a pivotal figure in the evolution of electronic and alternative music. As a producer he’s worked with some of the most pivotal […]
Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review: Tommy Victor and co. continue their workaholic output on angst ridden new release. Prong have been on a prolific streak in the 2010’s. In the past 6 years, the metal veterans have released no less than four albums (including last year’s superb effort X (No Absolutes). And now the group, led […]
Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross channel beautiful decay on new NIN E.P. Trent Reznor is back with Add Violence, the latest Nine Inch Nails release. And the 5 song EP, which follows on the heels of 2016’s Not The Actual Events is an overall solid affair that’s more satisfying […]
A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review: Progressive-shoegaze duo release 5th single from forthcoming album. Colorado neo-shoegazers A Shoreline Dream are working steadily on their next full-length album, but they’re giving fans a taste of each new development, releasing each completed track as a single. Each song paints a picture of a band at […]
Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated Non-Zombie Films: the late filmmaker will forever be linked to his iconic zombie series, but here are some other works from his filmography that also deserve your attention. The late George Romero (who died this past Sunday at the age of 77) made zombies hip. The filmmaker took a horror sub-genre […]
Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30: celebrating GnR’s raunchy, landmark début on its 30th anniversary. There has been a long-running theory that Nirvana killed hair metal. The story goes like this: their groundbreaking smash album Nevermind’s frayed and raw aesthetic (and the group’s shabby fashion sense) made every poodle-haired, shrill voiced […]
Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues: experimental rockers 80’s output gets the deluxe reissue treatment. After industrial pioneers Throbbing Gristle called it a day in 1981, one wondered what group figured head Genesis P-Orridge would attempt next. It’s safe to say Psychic TV took fans and music press by surprise. TV would see P-Orridge […]
Watch: The Veldt’s ‘One Day Out of Life’ Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release: soulgaze rockers release new video from atmospheric EP. Last year I had the pleasure of reviewing ‘The Shocking Fuzz of Your Electric Fur’ Mixtape EP, the 2016 release from “soulgaze” pioneers The Veldt, who returned from a long absence to magnificent effect. […]
The Melvins ‘A Walk With Love and Death’ Review: sludge metal masters dial-up the weird on their first double album–half of which will appear on upcoming short film. Veteran metallers The Melvins are no strangers to the strange–their compositions combine epic sludgy riffs with madcap lyrics and sonic flourishes inspired by the likes of Captain Beefheart. […]
Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review: veteran alternative producer John Fryer creates a haunting, narcotic, sonic tapestry on latest release. John Fryer might not be a household name, but if you’re a fan of electronic music you’ve certainly heard him, and owe him a massive debt of gratitude. The musician/producer has worked with some of the most […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review July 10, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- John Fryer Talks New Black Needle Noise Album ‘Lost in Reflections’ July 24, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- SLIS: Soused was a crazy album! I forgot Walker was invo...
- SLIS: Thanks! Mayhem is another band I'm not well verse...
- The Mouth: Nor was I. I always loved Motorcycle Emptiness but...
- Kevin: I just listened to "Soused" by Scott Walker &...
- SLIS: @The Mouth: Well, look like I need to revisit the ...
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...