Slicing Up Eyeballs announced that Depeche Mode has released a new song off their upcoming album (due sometime in 2013). You can preview the new track (tentatively called “Angel Of Love“) in the clip below. They also posted an article where band members Dave Gahan and Martin Gore discuss the new album, mentioning it sounds […]
Top 40 Darkest Rock Albums Part 3 Well here we are for the third installment of the darkest rock albums. Click here to read Part 1 and Click here for Part 2 so you can see what we’ve covered thus far. As always, clicking on the album name in blue will take you to iTunes […]
The Ultimate Rock Wedding Playlist *Before you check out this list, you might want to read my instructions on how to build your wedding playlist so that you have everything flow smoothly regarding timing out the selections, etc. Are you stuck for ideas and need some rocking song selections to give your wedding festivities a little […]
Tips For Making A Rocking Wedding Music Playlist *Tips on making a wedding playlist that avoids being generic or groan inducing. Here we’ll cover the process of how to get your selections pre-planned and timed. If you want to see the songs I selected for my own wedding (complete with iTunes links, so you […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Guitarists in Rock Part 1 What makes a great guitar player? Skill is important, but so is emotion. A guitar is the most versatile instrument in all of music, which range in tones, techniques and effects gives every musician their unique sonic palette. Sometimes the most innovative slip through the […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Singers in Rock Part 3 Okay, here we are for the last installment of the 40 vocalists that deserve far more credit then they’ve been given by the music industry at large. If you missed part 1 & 2 , catch up here and here. I’ll have YouTube links to […]
Ah, the Mix-tape: We don’t think much about cassettes anymore. They were inherently a horrible medium for sound quality. Every time you played one you’d get audio loss, eventually warped sound, or in the worst case, a snapped ribbon of tape meaning one more piece of plastic chucked in the trash, resting in a landfill […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...