David Bowie premieres ‘Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)’ in advance of upcoming 3-disc compilation. David Bowie is set to release his greatest hits/rarities collection Nothing Has Changed on November 17th. And he offered a teaser, premiering new song ‘Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)’ on BBC’s Radio 6 program. While this is a new track, […]
David Bowie Five Years Documentary Review: Showtime airs documentary of Bowie’s most striking musical incarnations. Many artists are inspired by David Bowie’s need for constant reinvention, but he remains peerless in his pursuit of shedding his skin to esoteric artistic heights. And his chameleon-like career gets a through examination on David Bowie Five Years, a 2013 […]
Record Store Day 2014 Releases Revealed: Expect a cavalcade of sonic goodies to arrive on April 10th. Here’s my list of best picks. The official release list for Record Store Day 2014 is out, and it is chock full of great stuff. So much so that it’s pretty overwhelming. Click here for the full U.S. […]
40 Most Underrated Alternative Rock Albums Part 1: Counting down some of the best alt-rock records that never got their due. Declaring an album underrated is always subjective, but it seems Alternative Rock is a genre where some truly great albums often fall through the cracks. The reason is simple; when you have an all umbrella […]
Lou Reed has died at the age of 72. Here’s a tribute playlist of some of his best songs. Rock fans the world over were greeted with sad news this past Sunday; Lou Reed passed away at 71 years old. He died from complications of a liver transplant (but news on the reasons leading up […]
Album Review: With ‘The Next Day’, David Bowie returns with his best album since 1997’s ‘Earthling’. Ever the man of mystery, David Bowie has come out of exile with his first new album in 10 years. And it was worth the wait. ‘The Next Day’s‘ sound reflects its album cover, which replicates the cover from […]
Stream David Bowie’s New Bowie ‘The Next Day’ for free on iTunes until March 12th. In anticipation of its March 12th release, David Bowie album “The Next Day” is now streaming in iTunes in its entirety. Click here to listen . This is the Thin White Duke’s first album in 10 years, reuniting him with long […]
Check out our list of the Best Cover Songs Of All Time… A good cover song should do one of four things: (1) radically change the song structure to bring new life to the tune. (2) strip the song structure to its basic elements to showcase the raw components that make the song compelling. (3) […]
Today is David Bowie’s Birthday. And the now 66-year-old rock legend decided to give rather than receive, releasing his first new song in 10 years. The single Where Are You Now can be heard below, and in typical Bowie style, it has an odd video to accompany it. UPDATE: video has been taken away from US […]
Top 40 darkest rock albums Part 2 Off we go with the 2nd installment of my list of the darkest albums ever made. Click here to read Part 1 if you haven’t already, so you can see what you’ve missed. If you want to preview or purchase any of the entries, clicking on the album name […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...